Wrye Bash and Missing Files

SirDanest

I've recently gotten Wrye Bash installed, and when I run it, it says, "missing files have been removed from the load list." It then lists, well, all of my mods, everything other than oblivion, shivering isle, and 0.esp. It deactivates all of them, and then doesn't list them under mods. Even the simplest esp mod gets deactivated -- I can turn it back on with obmm, but Wrye Bash just deactivates them again. Now, I guess I need bash to do these bash patches or something, but I need to get it to detect or stop deactivating all the mods first. Any ideas?

Thanks

What you are experiencing is Wrye Bash detecting a changed load list compared to what is in the Bashed Patch. You need to rebuild your patch every time your list changes.

Ugh, I thought I needed Wrye Bash in the first place to rebuild the patch, which was why I installed it. Normally I can handle a complicated program, but wow, this program has been thwarting me. ;) The main site where so many links direct for instructions is down, which hasn't helped my efforts to google an answer... looking for substitutes today.

Googled and found that if I right clicked on 0.esp and selected rebuild patch, ... well... no good, still the same error, wrye bash deactivates all my mods, even though the 0.esp is no longer empty. I'm missing something and I'm pulling my hair out trying to find out what it is. After days of struggling just to run some mods, I'm just completely lost, and I can't find this problem in the docs. I must be blind or something, but it looks like I'm not going to find the answer staring at these docs.

Ok, when you right click on Bashed Patch, 0.esp and select rebuild patch, you will be presented with an update windows. In that windows you will see:

[ ] Alias Mod Names

[x] Merge Patches

[ ] Replace Form IDs

[x] Import Actors

[x] Import Actors: AIPackages

[x] Import Actors: Animations

[x] Import Actors: Death Items

[x] Import Actors: Spells

[x] Import Cells

[x] Import Factions

[x] Import Graphics

[x] Import Inventory

[x] Import NPC Faces

[x] Import Names

[x] Import Relations

[x] Import Roads

[x] Import Script Contents

[x] Import Scripts

[x] Import Sounds

[x] Import Spell Stats

[x] Import Stats

[ ] Globals

[ ] Tweak Actors

[ ] Tweak Assorted

[ ] Tweak Clothes

[ ] Tweak Names

[ ] Tweak Settings

[c] Cobl Catalogs

[ ] Cobl Exhaustion

[a] Contents Checker

[a] Leveled Lists

[ ] Morph Factions

[ ] Power Exhaustion

[a] Race Records

SEWorld Tests

Now, anything with an 'x' in the box should be checked if it has entries in it's corresponding right-hand window. In eace section, you should check off any mods you have in the right-hand window, and you should UNCHECK any mod listed that you do NOT have installed. Remember, anything in the right hand window, check the left-hand checkbox. Nothing in the right hand window, no need to check the left-hand checkbox.

Anything with 'c' should be checked if you have Cobl installed.

Anything with 'a' should ALWAYS be checked.

Anything with 's' should be checked if you have Shivering Isles installed.

Any of the 'Tweak' or 'Global' entries are entirely optional. Others that are blank you probably don't need to worry about.

Ok, when you right click on Bashed Patch, 0.esp and select rebuild patch, you will be presented with an update windows. In that windows you will see:

[ ] Alias Mod Names

[x] Merge Patches

[ ] Replace Form IDs

[x] Import Actors

[x] Import Actors: AIPackages

[x] Import Actors: Animations

[x] Import Actors: Death Items

[x] Import Actors: Spells

[x] Import Cells

[x] Import Factions

[x] Import Graphics

[x] Import Inventory

[x] Import NPC Faces

[x] Import Names

[x] Import Relations

[x] Import Roads

[x] Import Script Contents

[x] Import Scripts

[x] Import Sounds

[x] Import Spell Stats

[x] Import Stats

[ ] Globals

[ ] Tweak Actors

[ ] Tweak Assorted

[ ] Tweak Clothes

[ ] Tweak Names

[ ] Tweak Settings

[c] Cobl Catalogs

[ ] Cobl Exhaustion

[a] Contents Checker

[a] Leveled Lists

[ ] Morph Factions

[ ] Power Exhaustion

[a] Race Records

SEWorld Tests

Now, anything with an 'x' in the box should be checked if it has entries in it's corresponding right-hand window. In eace section, you should check off any mods you have in the right-hand window, and you should UNCHECK any mod listed that you do NOT have installed. Remember, anything in the right hand window, check the left-hand checkbox. Nothing in the right hand window, no need to check the left-hand checkbox.

Anything with 'c' should be checked if you have Cobl installed.

Anything with 'a' should ALWAYS be checked.

Anything with 's' should be checked if you have Shivering Isles installed.

Any of the 'Tweak' or 'Global' entries are entirely optional. Others that are blank you probably don't need to worry about.

I followed the instructions, tried several times in case I missed something, as carefully as I could, and wrye bash still de-activates my selected mods. Going down your checklist, almost nothing ever showed up in the right hand window, and when it did, it wasn't something I recognized, it wasn't a mod I installed.

" Remember, anything in the right hand window, check the left-hand checkbox. Nothing in the right hand window, no need to check the left-hand checkbox."

I get the feeling then something more should have been in the right hand window once in a while... I really wish I knew what I was doing wrong, and I'll probably *headdesk* when I finally see it.

I'm very close to giving up, and am simply exhausted over this. I had no idea using mods was this complicated -- it's nothing like modding Morrowind. But then I remember that I can't even bear a moment of unmodded oblivion, so I press on. ;)

I followed the instructions, tried several times in case I missed something, as carefully as I could, and wrye bash still de-activates my selected mods. Going down your checklist, almost nothing ever showed up in the right hand window, and when it did, it wasn't something I recognized, it wasn't a mod I installed.

" Remember, anything in the right hand window, check the left-hand checkbox. Nothing in the right hand window, no need to check the left-hand checkbox."

I get the feeling then something more should have been in the right hand window once in a while... I really wish I knew what I was doing wrong, and I'll probably *headdesk* when I finally see it.

I'm very close to giving up, and am simply exhausted over this. I had no idea using mods was this complicated -- it's nothing like modding Morrowind. But then I remember that I can't even bear a moment of unmodded oblivion, so I press on. ;)

Are you running Windows 7 or Vista and do you have Oblivion installed in c:\Program Files or c:\Program Files (x86)?

Which version of Wrye Bash do you have?

Edited by Shadowfen

Are you running Windows 7 or Vista and do you have Oblivion installed in c:\Program Files or c:\Program Files (x86)?

Which version of Wrye Bash do you have?

Win 7 64, and no I don't use program files folders for games.

I went with 275 -> 287 -> 290 (before I did it that way, it wouldn't even run.)

I've previously used Wrye Python 03a, wxpython, python, etc. so I shouldn't be missing any of that.

Edited by SirDanest

Win 7 64, and no I don't use program files folders for games.

I went with 275 -> 287 -> 290 (before I did it that way, it wouldn't even run.)

I've previously used Wrye Python 03a, wxpython, python, etc. so I shouldn't be missing any of that.

Okay here's something that you might try:

In the same directory as the Oblivion directory itself, you should find an Oblivion Mods directory. Inside that directory, you should see a directory named Bash Mod Data. Inside there is a Table.dat file - try removing it and allowing Bash to regenerate it.

(I had hoped that the iKeepLog setting in the bash.ini would work, but apparently they have not finished implementing it yet...sorry)