Can someone clarify CM partners for me?

majikmonkee

It's possible I'm a total dullard, but I don't think I am. I noticed that one of the mods I installed added CM partners to my list of available mods (it's currently not checked though), and I've heard some interesting things about what the mod is capable of, but even the official page for CM partners confuses me a bit. I just have some general questions so bear with me.

- does it let me create partners of any Vanilla race?

- when or how does this creation take place? Like right when I boot the game or is there an item that triggers it?

- do I need to be a modding genius to use it?

Any additional info I might need would be great. I did do a little searching for specific info before posting but didn't have any luck with that.

With what I was able to learn from the readme, I created my orc partner, Basher, and he works great. It was a scary process, even with the instructions, I'm no modder.

I was intimidated by it at first as well, but now that I have a few under my belt it's almost like second nature. Unfortunately, I never have enough time to create all the characters that I have ideas for.