Female GW's

ell46

I figure that a Warden/Warden child carries the taint like its parents, but due to its weak state it won't make it alive and is born dead. That is based on the fact that not even all adults survive the Joining.

Nah...I'd tend to think that a child born of a female GW carries the mother's resistance to the taint and would possibly survive - much like genetic mutation is sometimes passed down through the mother.

*shrugs*

Apparently Fiona has immunity to the taint, that is why she was able to conceive

other than that the only person that mentions it is Alistair and he only does if you romance him and he is going to become king with or without you as queen beside him.

read spoilers if you want to know what i wrote, if you want to spoil yourself from the book and the game. i haven't read the full book, i heard it from someone

I've read both books and don't recall that Fiona had immunity to the taint, without reading it again I thought she was showing the signs the same as the others, but it progressed faster on them because they were near their calling and Duncan had immunity because of the knife he purloined while in the Circle Tower. Edited by ell46

• 2 weeks later...

The way Bioware has completely changed things to make DA2 work has ruined much of the lore the DA universe. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it down the road to where if 2 GW were to procreate, their offspring would be a Super GW able to mount Archdemons and fly into the fires of hell!

:rolleyes:

...their offspring would be a Super GW able to mount Archdemons and fly into the fires of hell!

I totally got the wrong mental image when I first read this... :whistling:

...their offspring would be a Super GW able to mount Archdemons and fly into the fires of hell!

I totally got the wrong mental image when I first read this... :whistling:

Your not the only one, what dirty little minds we have :laugh: :laugh:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
But I thought the taint wasn't genetic (realistically speaking, it should not be), that any children born to a Warden would be normal? I understood that the only reason the Dark Ritual child was tainted when it was conceived was because Morrigan employed some magic tricks to make that happen. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/wacko.gif