Some lite jobs for Project Brazil

Thaiauxn

Fallout: Project Brazil has kicked off another really big push to get the mod finished, and we've spearheaded a lot of the biggest quests on our list since February. We're now on course for a release this year.

We have a lot of cool stuff, and everyone on my team (3 coders, 2 artists, me) is busy. :tongue:

enb-2015_04_08-15_01_56_20.jpg

you can see why we're busy. XDD

There are a few small but important jobs for Project Brazil that I could use another partner or two to help take up the slack:

1. Raider Face Paints

- Our raiders come from 6 different tribes, each with unique face paints to set them apart, and all should have a Warlord that is unique. We have a few already. Still missing face paint for The Vipers, the Shi Rebels, and Vault Vikings. -- Blee

screenshot011.png

2. Radio Station Anti-Repeat

- Our radio has a bad habit of repeating the same song or talk segment over and over. We need a quick fix script that can play once per day, or only once ever in case of news. I've also wrote some new news segments we'll voice soon, and 5 more royalty-free 50s tracks to both stations. (Taken by Jokerine) (Done by NoNoodles)

3. Enclave Colossus Power Armour

- Someone at some point donated and gave permission to use their colossus power armour. For the life of me I can find it. :tongue: I need a Unique Power Armour for a female and male Enclave officer (preferable west coast style) and a Unique Brotherhood of Steel armour for the player. (Found, thanks to flamenx01)

4. Sign Shield Mesh Rigging

- We have these awesome sign shields, but they use those gnarly 512 textures, and the meshes need help. So I remodelled them, made a 2048 texture sheet, uved the models. They need rigging and implementation in game. I also made some extra shields and melee weapons that need rigging, and I've updated some of our armours that now need a hand rigging & importing to GECK. (WIP by devinpatterson) (WIP by Dragbody)

screenshot015.png

5. Grammar & Spelling Check

- Really easy job, just going through with a fine look at the GECK and fixing dialogue that could be shorter, and spotting things spell check didn't see. MUST BE DONE IN GECK. (Taken by NoNoodles)

editsrshtf.png

6. Unique Behemoth & Super Mutant

- There is a most excellent retexture for a super mutant here: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37139/? But the author never responded to a request for permission. So I'll either have to do it, or ask one of the guys on my team who are already busy. Unless you guys have a few you're willing to donate? (Done by Macintroll)

enb%2525202015_06_23%25252011_55_55_68.j

7. Adding NPCs and their routine packages to Union City and Xiabula. (delete temporary NPCs, replace with NCR citizens going about their daily lives, NCR MPs, troopers on patrol, bar patrons, etc.) It's a real big job if you want to get really specific with your storytelling through those NPC routines, but it's also really fun. :smile: (taken by NoNoodles)

8. Tribal weapons and Shi weapons meshes and textures. These are modelled, and I'm making a new one just about every week. -BLee

screenshot005.png

9. We need some assistance cluttering and uniquely decorating the ~30 houses in The San Bernardino valley. This isn't a hard job at all. Everyone who has promised to do this so far has bailed on us, so it might just come down to me taking my time to do it away from my other responsibilities! >_ < If you're down to do a Project Brazil Wasteland Interiors Project, let me know.

It's really, really not hard. Just rotating and moving objects so that they're in interesting arrangements, tossing trash on the floor, hiding items, writing notes, grocery lists - whatever. New lorefriendly novelty items would be nice too.

If you know any modder resources I can get permission to merge with our ESM & BSA, let me know. Poke your skyrim modder friends and have them post here. :smile: If you can do any of these just let me know.

Cheers

Edited by Thaiauxn

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the radio station, I've never had any problem with the songs repeating while following this tutorial. Since each song there is one topic you can tag 'em to be said once a day, or just once, like any regular dialogue :yes:

I checked the permissions tab for that behemoth and it says there that assets can be used for mods. Did you check?

And I've been able to rig some (crappy) melee weapons in Nifskope so perhaps I could give you a hand with those :smile: Could've tried the face paints but I'm terrible with textures in general so that should probably be left to the pros :laugh: And the shield perhaps could be doable if the nif can be based on a mesh like this, or if you have one already that I could take a peek at.

I could check out teh grammor as well but since I'm not a native speaker I would probably only make matters worse :laugh:

Edited by Jokerine

That's awesome Jokerine! I'd be glad to have you aboard to help out. :)

screenshot002.png

These shields are based on the ones we already have in GECK, so swapping out the data in nifscope would work. I'm just kinda busy making the new assets and getting dialogue squared away, so it would be a great help if you could handle the fine details of adding the signs to the right bones, and adding them to GECK. ^^

Did you want to tackle the radio too? I am formatting the new songs and getting the right permissions, so that'll take me a week or so. The new dialogue for now can use a place holder 5 second noise, until I can get Ben and Shaila into the studio to record their segments.

I contacted both the artist and porter for the Behemoth. No word. I like to get a confirmation from the creator just because we are merging those assets into our BSA. :) I can probably make our own retex. I just don't want to. XD

I could take a look at the shields then, maybe, depending on how they're set up. As I said, if you have a functional and rigged one in your mod already you could send me that nif alongside the new ones and I'll see what I can do.

'bout the radio, I could try after I'm done with the shields. Those are just kind of a hassle to implement :laugh:

Aw, darn, I see they are linked to the bone and skeleton so I don't think I'd be able to tackle these, sorry. I could make the world objects if that would help. I may have to go with the radio instead. Any more details you could give me there?

Edited by Jokerine

Well, alright. They're armour pieces, so its kinda essential they be rigged to the bone and skeleton of the character mesh. The world object would be a step in the right direction! :)

For the radio, you'll need access to our team dropbox. Send me a pm with your email and I'll share it with you. you'll need to make an esp based on our esm (just like you would a dlc + new vegas) and later we'll merge your esp into the esm using FNV Edit.

Edited by Thaiauxn

The shield models are completely weighted to the Bip01 L Forearm so the weight painting should be easy (either just paint is all with Bip01 L Forearm or use the blender bone copy script)

If you can get some one to position the meshes correctly and set them up for fallout then I'd be happy to weight them (I just started my exams otherwise I'd be able to do more)

Also here is the post where you get permission for the colossus armor (with links to said armors):

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/522767-fallout-new-vegas-project-brazil/page-335&do=findComment&comment=8357627

and the authors mod list:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/users/441758/?tb=mods&pUp=1

Edited by flamenx01