Some lite jobs for Project Brazil

Thaiauxn

I might have misunderstood, but if these signs are rigid shields you don't have to weight paint them by hand, just the boneweight copy script as Flamenx01 suggested. Just make sure the vertex groups are restricted to a single bone and BP in blender and it will work great. It's how I handle the weapons armor addons and the highway sign pauldrons for power armor.

Correct. The nif they are based on had all the bones and weights swt, and they are simple ridged bodies.

Oh, also you may want to check some of the oblivion shields, as I think they may use the forearm twist bone for their shields, which would be your guy's (and gals) target. Assuming you guys want it to perform like a real shield, rotated when the forearm is. If on the other hand these aren't melee characters and are using firearms the forearm rotation might cause some clipping. You may have to run the model through it's paces and see (you can attach a kf directly to the armor in nifskope to check them out). Anyway my lame 2 cents.

That's a good idea, but I wanted to make some unique shields for our Shi and Scadian factions. The Vault Vikings use a hubcap stapled to a wood barrel, and painted with spraypaint. :tongue: Very fallout.

I think we should just attach them back to the original nif. I can do it, but it'll take a day, which I'd be better spent on the quest dialogue and static meshes that need attention.

Edited by Thaiauxn

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good idea, but I wanted to make some unique shields for our Shi and Scadian factions. The Vault Vikings use a hubcap stapled to a wood barrel, and painted with spraypaint. :tongue: Very fallout.

For sure, but I was referring only to whether they use the twistbone, not for assets. Fallout post apocalyptic clutter/jury rigged items are far more fitting than any fantasy/medieval resources, we're on the same page there. But the twistbone might be worth looking into since I think it's what gives a shield realistic real world behavior for smaller shields and bucklers. But it may take a bit of experimentation to determine if it clips with certain animations, as opposed to L Forearm which typically doesn't have as much rotation per se in animations. Just something to take a look at for that extra touch of realism, if you want a finishing touch.

twist.jpg

Looks like Andersh had the same idea back in the good old days of 2011. Feels like so long ago, haha. :p

I tried swapping out the tristripesdata the traditional way just now, and it looks fine in nifscope, but causes a crash in GECK. >_ < Days like this I'm excited for Fallout 4! (Please be on UDK4, please be on UDK4...)

I tried swapping out the tristripesdata the traditional way just now, and it looks fine in nifscope, but causes a crash in GECK.

If you want I can probably put them together for you, but I don't want to step on Flamenx01 or Jokernine's toes if they already have a handle on the project. I was going to be finishing up with the sign armors fairly soon and was pondering a few shields anyway, so I'm kinda in the groove.

>_ < Days like this I'm excited for Fallout 4! (Please be on UDK4, please be on UDK4...)

I havn't kept up with the rumor mill, is there talk of talk of FO4 using a the unreal engine? That would be amazing, but it just seems so far fetched considering the time and effort that went into enhancing skyrim's engine. But I'm not really very informed on the subject.

I tried swapping out the tristripesdata the traditional way just now, and it looks fine in nifscope, but causes a crash in GECK.

If you want I can probably put them together for you, but I don't want to step on Flamenx01 or Jokernine's toes if they already have a handle on the project. I was going to be finishing up with the sign armors fairly soon and was pondering a few shields anyway, so I'm kinda in the groove.

Let's wait til Jokerine drops back in to see if she's down to trade ya, since those radio quests are real important.

I'd love to see those sign armours. You'd be free to borrow these shields if they fit your project. I should go back and see if I can update these to look a little nicer since we're putting so much effort into it. I'll add some decals and make the ugly straps look better. They are shaped to the character mesh, which is why i left them, but looking at them they make me mad. XD

I need to get back to work my day job assignment now (more 3d art, funny enough. :p) I'll swap the objs out probably tonight with updated straps and textures.

Off topic, but from what I heard IF Fallout 4 is the next open world game released by Bethesda it will use the Skyrim engine. If TES 6 is released than it would use the Skyrim engine and than Fallout 4 will run on something else. But we shall see...

I'd be so pissed. I want Fallout 4 to run on something reliable and modern. PBR workflows, no more proprietary containers - we use OBJs now damnit, and TGA textures! I never want to sigh as I stick my hand rendered & colourized specular into the normal map alpha and watch the CK's shader trip over it like a kindergartener with a flashlight.

http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/13/17/30fdab4b369a181d5cddbfe5c8ec5917.jpg

FO01_NPC_Lieutenant_N.png

Give me... probably about 6 hours?

I'll wrap up work assignments and write you a quest stage primer for triggering the radio news. :) A mate back East is ripping some old 60s Garage Punk from 45s for us. I'll send you some formatted OGGs and wavs tonight, then work on updating the straps on these shields for devin.

If you want to start the anti-repeat, the quests are PBrazilRadioNCRR and PBrazilRadioDETH981.