Some lite jobs for Project Brazil

Thaiauxn

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shield models are completely weighted to the Bip01 L Forearm so the weight painting should be easy (either just paint is all with Bip01 L Forearm or use the blender bone copy script)

If you can get some one to position the meshes correctly and set them up for fallout then I'd be happy to weight them (I just started my exams otherwise I'd be able to do more)

Also here is the post where you get permission for the colossus armor (with links to said armors):

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/522767-fallout-new-vegas-project-brazil/page-335&do=findComment&comment=8357627

and the authors mod list:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/users/441758/?tb=mods&pUp=1

Yes! That's the one! :D Nice, I'll get these implemented right away.

That I can do Flamen, like we did with the eyebot with the monocle, right? Doable in Nifskope no problem, the issue for me is the weight paint :yes:

he weight paints I can do for you. :) They're literally all solid, and should be skinned already. Should be in the obj. This is a task that I probably could do, but I'd like to get on top of the next issues, and I have limited time with lots to do. :) So thank you for the effort! Sent you your invite this morning.

Edited the main post to add a couple new items and highlight who's doing what. :D You may be interested in the Union City one, #7. It'll be most similar to things you did in your Nipton mod, and only take a few days. It'll be fun, too.

Cheers!

Coolio :) If it's okay I'll nif up 'em shield objs to send them to Flamen first, then tackle the radio and then see if I can grab the time to work on the NPC thing. Would that be OK? I also have my big mod I've been working on since Sept last year almost ready to release and I need to test that one out. :yes:

If it's not fun, do I get my money back? :laugh:

Yeah, totally! 100% cash back guarantee. XD

These are tasks that need doing at some point in the next like, 3-6 months, so it's no major rush. :smile: The Radio will react to quest stages that are not quite set up yet (but we can estimate what they'll be for now,) and the NPCs at Union City also need to react to quest stages that are WIP, so we can set that one aside until RickerHK & Seddon approach those.

Edited by Thaiauxn

I might have misunderstood, but if these signs are rigid shields you don't have to weight paint them by hand, just the boneweight copy script as Flamenx01 suggested. Just make sure the vertex groups are restricted to a single bone and BP in blender and it will work great. It's how I handle the weapons armor addons and the highway sign pauldrons for power armor.

Oh, also you may want to check some of the oblivion shields, as I think they may use the forearm twist bone for their shields, which would be your guy's (and gals) target. Assuming you guys want it to perform like a real shield, rotated when the forearm is. If on the other hand these aren't melee characters and are using firearms the forearm rotation might cause some clipping. You may have to run the model through it's paces and see (you can attach a kf directly to the armor in nifskope to check them out). Anyway my lame 2 cents.