Skyrim Music

LordWushin

What Bethesda needs is more variety in their choice of voice actors. You can only stomach hearing the same six guys for so long. (My guess is Patrick Stewart must have eaten up the budget.) They could get Sean Bean and Terrence Stamp back in, but throw in some different talent, too.

They could at least get Beau Billingslea to voice some Redguards. (You may know him off the English dubs of Cowboy Bebop, Bleach, Macross Plus, and Gankutsuou.) Perhaps even Michael McConnohie (Diablo II, Code Geass, Monster) for some Imperials.

As for music, good to know they're getting Jeremy Soule on board again.

Edited by WeissYohji

Huzzah for Jeremy Soule!

However, am I the only one who hears derivative music when you hear those Hoo's and Whuah's in the theme? Ever since the LOTR and the awe-inspiring Maori choir that they used to portray the Dwarves, that sound is a little...recognized. However, I guess one could also say that they (the Shore/Maori combo) did such an illuminating job that they've created a new Thing, with such a power that it attracts many to it, imitators included. And I guess that's all right. A good technique should be used!

Varied voices, on the other hand, would be nice, wouldn't they? Like varied NPC bodies! *hint, hint* :rolleyes: Now back to topic!

Does anyone want to hear the same voice actors, though? I would like to. They bring a sense of home, if you get my drift. Sure, I would like to hear them in the mix of a few dozen others to make them *special*, though.

Edited by WizardOfAtlantis

Recognized voices would be awesome, just not for every single person like WizardOfAtlantis said. I would like to see three maybe four different voices for each race more less.

The narrator in the trailer would be an epic voice actor too, though I have to say I do not know who he is! :confused: Sean Bean, Terrence Stamp, and Wes Johnson I would really like to see again, or hear again.

The most important voicing to me is that Morrowind style of greetings. If that can come back I would just die, then after they revive me, I would just die again!!! Seriously though, the dunmer from MW would be great.

The narrator in the trailer would be an epic voice actor too, though I have to say I do not know who he is! :confused:

It's Max von Sydow. :thumbsup: If he does any voice acting in the actual game I wish Bethesda puts a knight named Antonius or at least some priest named Merrin in some small cameo role.

Wes Johnson is an actor Beth hires on a regular basis, he's been in all three of Bethesda's massive hits, and won huge acclaim for them. You can't hate Sheogorath :P! I would like to see Sean Bean back (Hey, I just realised he's technically Mr. Bean :D), as he provides a somewhat serious and dark foil to some of the other voice actors, who were a bit sing song. And who did Terence Stamp voice?

I recently had a thought while modding my music files in Oblivion: Bethesda should get some of Square Enix's composers to do some music for Skyrim. I'd love to hear the product of a collaboration among Jeremy Soule, Nobuo Uematsu, Hiroki Kikuta, Noriko Matsueda (Bahamut Lagoon, Final Fantasy X-2), Yasunori Mitsuda (Xenosaga I; I know it's not a Square game but it still had a boss soundtrack), Yuji Kajiura (Xenosaga II; see before), and Tsuyoshi Sekito (Brave Fencer Musashi) in an Elder Scrolls game for once.

I recently had a thought while modding my music files in Oblivion: Bethesda should get some of Square Enix's composers to do some music for Skyrim. I'd love to hear the product of a collaboration among Jeremy Soule, Nobuo Uematsu, Hiroki Kikuta, Noriko Matsueda (Bahamut Lagoon, Final Fantasy X-2), Yasunori Mitsuda (Xenosaga I; I know it's not a Square game but it still had a boss soundtrack), Yuji Kajiura (Xenosaga II; see before), and Tsuyoshi Sekito (Brave Fencer Musashi) in an Elder Scrolls game for once.

No you're alright, no JRPG for us.

No you're alright, no JRPG for us.

What's wrong with having that kind of music in an Elder Scrolls game? What do you think is going to happen?