Quick updates to the site, money money money edition

Dark0ne

In response to post #24601269. #24601559, #24601594, #24601624, #24601734, #24601784, #24601844 are all replies on the same post.

joeyweast22 wrote:
hector530 wrote: are people even gonna read before posting conspiracy theories?
LtRhapthorne wrote: Well, Dark0ne is already taking money from Valve, so I wouldn't think it to long before Valve and Bethesda make them start charging for mods or threaten them with legal action.
visorak wrote: They've stated repeatedly that they will NEVER charge for mods.
Milleuros wrote: Nexus receives up to 5% of Valve's part for each mod sold, if the mod author has listed the Nexus as a service provider. This is something that Nexus agreed to. In other words, Nexus has signed a contract with Valve and is supporting the new economy around mods.

What's next ?
wallacemre61 wrote: LOL
TheEyelessWanderer wrote: LtRhapthorne, your whistleblowing is getting ridiculous. Maybe you ought to sit this one out.

Where is this proof?

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24601489. #24601644, #24601719 are all replies on the same post.

PotatoHunter wrote:
homeiswonderland wrote: "We?" Please, speak for yourself...
PotatoHunter wrote: I've been going site to site, spreading the petition, fighting the good fight, and now I'm starting to feel betrayed and angry because I just found out about this. U'd feel the same too.

It's an opt-in (as in it's up to the modder) 1%-5% (of valves cut) donation to the nexus.

In response to post #24601269. #24601559, #24601594, #24601624, #24601734, #24601784, #24601844, #24601874 are all replies on the same post.

joeyweast22 wrote:
LtRhapthorne wrote: Well, Dark0ne is already taking money from Valve, so I wouldn't think it to long before Valve and Bethesda make them start charging for mods or threaten them with legal action.
Milleuros wrote: Nexus receives up to 5% of Valve's part for each mod sold, if the mod author has listed the Nexus as a service provider. This is something that Nexus agreed to. In other words, Nexus has signed a contract with Valve and is supporting the new economy around mods.

What's next ?
TheEyelessWanderer wrote: LtRhapthorne, your whistleblowing is getting ridiculous. Maybe you ought to sit this one out.
WightMage wrote: Where is this proof?

Do you even read? :V

In response to post #24601489. #24601644, #24601719, #24601884 are all replies on the same post.

PotatoHunter wrote:
PotatoHunter wrote: I've been going site to site, spreading the petition, fighting the good fight, and now I'm starting to feel betrayed and angry because I just found out about this. U'd feel the same too.
flamenx01 wrote: It's an opt-in (as in it's up to the modder) 1%-5% (of valves cut) donation to the nexus.

Calm down they understand us, unlike Valve. Did Nexus tell you that there mods cost money(?) No so calm down

In response to post #24601529. #24601674 is also a reply to the same post.

FillipeMattos wrote:
visorak wrote: Valve/bethesda's option is making Nintendo's look like a way better deal (still isn't).

Posting a review is not the gaming companies content, it is critique of their content and protected under Fair Use laws, commentated gameplay walkthroughs are under the same protection. Don't eat what certain companies try to feed you.

In response to post #24601269. #24601559, #24601594, #24601624, #24601734, #24601784, #24601844, #24601874, #24601894 are all replies on the same post.

joeyweast22 wrote:

What's next ?
sergiorr90 wrote: Do you even read? :V

Dude READ THE POST

In response to post #24601489. #24601644, #24601719, #24601884, #24601969 are all replies on the same post.

PotatoHunter wrote:
flamenx01 wrote: It's an opt-in (as in it's up to the modder) 1%-5% (of valves cut) donation to the nexus.
jl144740 wrote: Calm down they understand us, unlike Valve. Did Nexus tell you that there mods cost money(?) No so calm down

Yeah I understand this, but they are the leaders of this community and they are speaking out against it. You can't speak out against something while having money trickle in your back pocket simultaneously, even if your upfront about it. Your on one side or another.

In response to post #24601269. #24601559, #24601594, #24601624, #24601734, #24601784, #24601844, #24601874, #24601894, #24602004 are all replies on the same post.

joeyweast22 wrote:

What's next ?
sergiorr90 wrote: Do you even read? :V
pizzapicante27 wrote: Dude READ THE POST

Ahm, no, I dont think so

In response to post #24601809. #24601864 is also a reply to the same post.

WightMage wrote:
iDogtag wrote: He's listed as a service provider on the Workshop, so modders can opt to give him 1%-5% of the money from the sale if I read correctly.

So in other words, they can choose to give next to nothing. That is hardly a "partnership" with Valve/Bethesda- hell, its actually just as insulting as the 25% that mod authors get after selling $400 worth of profit, IF they sell $400 worth of profit, which they won't because why pay for something you can get for free, especially knowing the author will be lucky to see ANY of those sales?