Anything to change for Skyrim?

Keanumoreira

I agree that there is a vast improvement from Morrowind to Oblivion, and i can only expect that such an improvement will happen again. I came in at 4, and went back to play 3, and the graphics and interface where actually a problem for me, they were not nice.

Sounds like a lot of us played Oblivion first. Thats what I did too, but i loved Morrowind just as much as Oblivion. The only problem I had with Morrowind was I HATE READING, and you had to do so god damn much of it lol

Doubtful since they'll probably want it to be able to run on PS3 and Xbox without issues. Hardware standards have pretty much been at a standstill for the last 2 years or so, partially because of the influence of consoles in the gaming market (where previously games were made to challenge what hardware was available rather than try to meet it), and partially because of the recession.

I never thought about that, it's interesting.

I always thought the PS3 and Xbox 360 could handle anything... Guess I was just being stupid.

So judging by this, graphics in Skyrim won't meet many peoples' expectations. A bit of a let-down...

BUT back when oblivion was released, w ewere still feeling around for the limits of current consoles

the PS3 might have a few downgrades because of how new it is, but the X box and computer ones will have better graphics, both have been around long enough for develepors to fully exploit them, where as the PS3 is still new, and it's limits havent been found

I heard that a magazine(s?) will be covering Skyrim in February. There should be some images of the game. It will be running on a brand new engine, so who knows? :D

Well it better be amazing and yeild some impressive results or I'm going to lose a little respect for Beth...

I heard that a magazine(s?) will be covering Skyrim in February. There should be some images of the game. It will be running on a brand new engine, so who knows? :D

Well it better be amazing and yeild some impressive results or I'm going to lose a little respect for Beth...

Well I don't think you'll be let down. After all they have spent 4 years or more (I think) on this. :)

I agree that there is a vast improvement from Morrowind to Oblivion, and i can only expect that such an improvement will happen again. I came in at 4, and went back to play 3, and the graphics and interface where actually a problem for me, they were not nice.

Improvement?? Oblivion was dumbed down, and made much worse than Morrowind... Morrowind has the immersion and Fantasy aspects that Oblivion lacks totally. I guess one have to play Morrowind first to really appreciate it. :) (And of course, this is a subjective matter^^)

Also one more thing is that when you open a skill book, it doesn't immediately add a skill point!

That is totally unrealistic. Maybe make it so that you have to do something which the book instructs to gain the skill point.

Though that would take an insane amount of time for the devs to implement that on each skill book. :P