The Mojave

MadMax08

i apologize for the wait, my friend is having troubles on his end with recording lately, but he's assured me the rest will get to me this week.

on another note, while i'm waiting for the audio, production of Episode 3 has begun and i purchased Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 yesterday, so the quality of The Mojave is going to increase tremendously starting with Episode 3.

Edited by MadMax08

A'VAST! OVER YONDER! ON THE HIGH SEAS! WHAT COULD IT BE?! BY GOD, IT'S EPISODE 2!

XD in all seriousness, though, enjoy. it's still processing right now, so the quality will be eh for now. Also, I now have a better quality video editor instead of Windows Movie Maker, so the quality is going to shoot up tremendously starting with Episode 3. It's also going to take me longer to produce episodes now as things are going to get more complex in terms of the scenes I have in mind.

Last note: Also, in parallel to the earlier comment about it taking longer to produce the next episodes, this may be the time to either keep a watch on this topic or subscribe to the Youtube channel. I WILL make occasional updates here on the progress but not as frequently as I have. For now enjoy.

edit: I want to thank someguy2000 for letting me use parts of his mod to help tell my story. I messaged him many weeks ago to get the go-ahead, and he did, so if he sees this, thanks man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn4Hpv56WKo

Edited by MadMax08

just a quick update...progress on Episode 3 is coming together rapidly. i'm working on writing the script and filming at the moment, as of now, I have about 2 minutes of footage or so in place, with some of the music placed as well. So far, Sony Vegas has been treating me wonderfully well, and I love that I'm now going to be able to--wait for it--UPLOAD IN HD! :D this has me the most excited because from here on out, everything will be in high quality and won't look so amateurish.

anyways, i had a good (safe) new year's with some of my close friends, and i'd like to wish everyone a happy new year and for having a small part in making the end of my new year awesome with your feedback and comments on The Mojave.

cheers to all

~Max

just an update. 40% of the footage is edited, and i'm at the halfway point with the episode (it would be 50% but Wayne's narration isnt in place yet and wont be until all of the footage is complete). So far it's shaping up to be a great episode, as well as a turning point in Wayne's story.

last update before the next episode.

Alright, so...I've decided to split the latter half of Episode 3 and incorporate it as part of the beginning of the 4th episode. As of right now Episode 3 is 90% complete and all thats needed is Wayne's narration and it'll be up.

Very nice, the talking volume was an issue in eps1 but improved in eps2.

You could try running a filter over the final edit, increase the contrast slightly, darken the shadows, boost the highlights.

The coversion from a 16:10 (or is it 16:9?) wide screen format to a 4:3 ratio doesn't seem as bad on eps2 looks less stretched than eps1 did. (if you've not changed anything then it's probably down to better camera angles)