The Mojave

MadMax08

Yeah that's pretty good. I like the little touch of the beard but back in the Vault (past) he's clean shaved. :thumbsup:

Okay I have to ask, I've been seeing this since FO3, but what is 'machinima'? Something to do with machine and cinema? PC movies? What's it's origin, I guess I never thought of googling it until now but I've already typed this out! ;)

Yeah that's pretty good. I like the little touch of the beard but back in the Vault (past) he's clean shaved. :thumbsup:

Okay I have to ask, I've been seeing this since FO3, but what is 'machinima'? Something to do with machine and cinema? PC movies? What's it's origin, I guess I never thought of googling it until now but I've already typed this out! ;)

its about consistency with details for me. recently, filming a scene at night i realized wayne was wearing sunglasses...at night. that just doesnt make sense so if i notice it, somebody else will. so i had to reshoot :P

it is in fact having to do with machine and cinema. it originated back in the Quake era, where it was simple videos of deathmatches and whatnot. it gradually evolved into telling a story using the Quake engine, and they were called Q movies or Quake movies. it's evolved quite a bit since then.

Edited by MadMax08

another update...found a working mouse last night, and got everything else filmed for the episdoe. got it all edited together and the only thing left to do is to get the first half of the audio recordings onto my laptop, and then wait for the second half. with any luck, this will be my Chrismas present to everyone. if not tomorrow, then the day after. so stay tuned :)

edit: my attempts to move the audio to my laptop have failed. :( therefore, expect a release of Episode 2 on the 26th.

Edited by MadMax08

i think a teaser could be a really good idea

but if i may suggest something a bit different, you might want to make a teaser for the whole machinima instead

this way, you will be able to catch people's attention much better, and draw them to watch your work

it will also help the viewers understand the story behind your machinima, and what to expect from it

it might take some more work, but i think that overall, it will be quite worth the work

and of course, Merry Christmas to you, MadMax08, and to all the community here

may outside be cold and snowy, and inside warm and cozy, with your loved ones :happy:

a teaser for the whole thing would take a lot more work, and in my view, would also give away the plot too early/easily. i kind of want the threat wayne faces to be a surprise, and a real WTF moment if that makes sense. but it could be a good thing. ill have to consider it.

for now, here's the teaser. :) I apologize for the quality of the upload, i still havent figured out how to convert to HD despite the fact that its HD when not upload -_-

EPISODE 2 TEASER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mqYb2axUtY

Edited by MadMax08

well, i have to say that i didn't get much out of the trailer (but then again, it could be the fact that it's almost 4am here, and that i'm bloody tired :biggrin:)

still, waiting for episode 2 to come out

i do understand what you said about the trailer for the machinima, and i get that

i mean, it is a lot of work, and if you don't want to reveal the plot, that's up to you

i don't expect more than i will get, so all i can do, is hope that i will enjoy the next few episodes

Merry Christmas again :laugh:

well, i have to say that i didn't get much out of the trailer (but then again, it could be the fact that it's almost 4am here, and that i'm bloody tired :biggrin:)

still, waiting for episode 2 to come out

i do understand what you said about the trailer for the machinima, and i get that

i mean, it is a lot of work, and if you don't want to reveal the plot, that's up to you

i don't expect more than i will get, so all i can do, is hope that i will enjoy the next few episodes

Merry Christmas again :laugh:

merry christmas to you as well. trust me, you will enjoy the next episodes. if not, well, then ive failed somewhere XD

Those of us who're not rich or get software from work might want to keep an eye on this

Cinefx

It was good once, and they claim to be working on updating this open source video tool.

hmmm...well i just recently got home from my vacation today, and came away with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and the original Fallout games along with Tactics. and 540 dollars. so i may actually be able to spend money on a good editing program.

in other news, episode 2 is still projected to go up tomorrow.