Site bot avatar contest!

baduk

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but blue is kind of the color of the nexus!

i like the blue one that looked around, or maybe pulsates slightly

I'll do it if there's a demand for it, but don't want to spend the 40 minutes or so putting it together again if there's not. We'll see.

That's a neat little bot, Thandal, what is it? Is it a toy of some type?

Calliton:It's very doable, but I dunno if we'd want to lean the Sitebot to a specific game on the site. I like the idea of leaving it somewhat ambiguous and disconnected from any sort of series. Just my two cents though, and that doesn't go very far these days. :)

Fonger: Oh lawd, don't give me such ideas! XD

You guys rock. This thread is pure win.

The HAL idea really fits for some reason. I'm partial to the original red, but the blue is a nice touch- kinda makes it more site-unique. Problem with the Fallout robots is that they don't reflect the other two sites (Morrowind/Oblivion and Dragon Age); HAL is kinda... game-neutral.

Now if we can just get Site Bot's opinion on this... I mean, sheesh, 8.6k activity points, 70+ posts a DAY and he can't even come to see his own thread... oh, wait.

Calliton:It's very doable, but I dunno if we'd want to lean the Sitebot to a specific game on the site. I like the idea of leaving it somewhat ambiguous and disconnected from any sort of series. Just my two cents though, and that doesn't go very far these days. :)

Fonger: Oh lawd, don't give me such ideas! XD

what about this!

we get a picture of a brain in a hightech jar labeled SITE BOT

...That's a neat little bot, Thandal, what is it? Is it a toy of some type?

It's the robot from the 1960's American TV show "Lost in Space".

Among other duties in the show, it was charged with protecting the 12-yo boy who was always wandering off. But whenever there was any real problem it would enter its "Help! Help! I don't know what to do!" mode and spin in a circle waving its arms up and down and reciting: "When in danger or in doubt, run around scream and shout!" in its animatic monotone voice. :laugh: