A (Hopefully) simple mod request

TerraMcCloud

I know some basic scripting in the TES construction set for Oblivion, but the Skyrim one is way different with the whole papyrus thing, I don't think I will ever be able to understand it... What I wanted was somthing for a character of mine, (its kinda from a roleplay standpoint), you see my character is supposed to be immune to all ice and cold but very weak to fire and heat... So I feel it doesn't make sense that the local necromancer or ice mage can damage my character with an ice spell... I tried to make an effect to counter this but the skyrim construction set is way more complex for me, I guess I am too used to the TES Construction Set for Oblivion.

All I want is a potion you can spawn in via console when consumed gives 300% resist frost(yes 300%, I don't want weakness to frost spells overtaking frost immunity.) and 300% Weakness to fire(Or however much it takes to make fire do triple damage).

Many thanks to whoever actually takes their time to do this.

1. open CK, load skyrim.esm and update.esm

2. in the object window open Magic > Potion

3. find resistfrost100 potion, right-click > duplicate

4. rename the resulting duplicate item to something memorable like "drewpotion"

5. open item for editing

6. on the right-hand side, under results, doubleclick the resist frost: resist frost effect. Adjust magnitude to your liking (you'll have to experiment) and duration (try setting it to something insane like 365 d, that should cover you for a good while). Click OK when done.

7. right-click in the empty space in results window > new. Effect = AlchWeaknessFire, again, magnitude and duration up to you. click OK.

8. click OK again, save your mod, and load it up for testing.

Have not tried myself aside from loading up the CK to see what is where because I'm rusty, but it should do what you want.

---

After I closed it out I thought about it some more, it occurred to me you might be able to do the same by modifying actorvalues directly and not mess with custom potions/mods, see

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Console_Commands_(Skyrim)/ActorValues - you're looking for FireResist and FrostResist, but I haven't tinkered with them so you will have to read the current value and adjust to your liking.

-snip-

I want this to be a potion that activates a script effect that gives you it in the form of a passive ability, not just a potion effect.

This is indeed a very simple request. I will do it for you this weekend if you like, though I highly recommend taking a crack at it yourself. What would you like the effect to be called?

I tried taking a crack at it, I could make the ability, but I had no way to give it to the player, not even via console... I have no clue how to do anything with the Papyrus scripting... I am used to TES Construction for oblivion's scripting.

The name of the effect could be somthing along the line of Northern Blood or somthing.

The description of it could be somthing like.

"Your blood has long adapted to the harsh cold of the north, you take no damage from frost magic, but take extreme damage from fire magic."

What is the item that gives the effect called?

Nvm found it.

Edited by welchdrew