How Do I Make Cube Thinner?

MadMike710

Hi!

good for u to learn blender.

Ok but in blender selection of parts is important and ways of moving things. u can see xyz axes . its global. theres also local and normal axes that is important to use.

most basic thing is try to use quads all the time instad of making lots of triangles cause then you will be able to cut them through the middle when needed. you cant cut the middle of a series of triangles.

its kind of a strategic exercise to build what you imagine.

How to make cube thin? there is lots of ways. ok so u should go ahead and experiment. u have to keep learning the interface to improve at blender so read the thread at the top of this page.

A quick-n-easy way is to use SCALE and limit it to just one axis. For example, press S and then Z, use your mouse to shrink the cube alone the Z axis...which effectively squishes it.

You could also grab the top 4 verts while in EDIT mode and pull them down (press G and then Z, use your mouse to slide them alone the Z axis)

LHammonds

Thank you LHammonds, I read your tutorials (didn't download because of slow connection) and read the tutorials on Elder Scrolls Wiki but I just couldn't do it.

I never was good at following tutorials. It's not you, I just lose focus fast.

Thank you for your quick-n-easy way. ^^

It worked (obviously).

Thank you to baduk but maybe you should try dumbing it down a bit for beginners. :)