Leveled lists and bashed patch

RodrigoDRT

Not really any issues with game, altough I'm having some orange checkbox mods on bash that need some sorting.

Neverthless, about leveled lists and bashed patch. as an example im using cloaks of skyrim, immersive armors and weapons, and winter is coming cloaks, as for WIC, i know theres a compatibility patch to work along with cloaks mod, though, can I use a bashed patch to get the leveled lists to go along instead?

In fact, its safe to always safe/recommended/needed to use a bashed patch for the leveled lists with all the mods that modifies them, although for example, one just add a new sword to the list, while other adds shields, do they conflict or only if they try to add the same kind of item to the lists?

I'm sorry im new around and im confused how to get multiple mods that add new stuff to the leveled lists along w/o messing things up or never have some items to appear too. ty in advance.

Neverthless, about leveled lists and bashed patch. as an example im using cloaks of skyrim, immersive armors and weapons, and winter is coming cloaks, as for WIC, i know theres a compatibility patch to work along with cloaks mod, though, can I use a bashed patch to get the leveled lists to go along instead?

I don't know these mods by heart, you'd have to look at the records in tes5edit to see what gets modified. If it's just simply adding to leveled lists then yes, if there is some deeper script or other magic at work then no you will need the patch.

In fact, its safe to always safe/recommended/needed to use a bashed patch for the leveled lists with all the mods that modifies them, although for example, one just add a new sword to the list, while other adds shields, do they conflict or only if they try to add the same kind of item to the lists?

I personally always build a bashed patch, because there are so many leveled lists that get added to by mods and I want it ALL. I like variety. The conflict you talk of can't really happen I think. I've encountered weirdness but that's more along the lines of "why is the courier naked" and is quite possibly related to other things.

After I run a bashed patch I created a merged patch with tes5edit placed just below the bashed patch in the load order, and I gloss over the merged patch and alter records by hand where I feel it's something I want. It does more/different things than just the leveled lists. Thing is you can just examine all these records in tes5edit at your leisure.

This is just my process, for all I know the tes5edit merged patch completely supercedes the bashed patch by now because the functionality is growing all the time - but I don't really care if a leveled list record is overwritten by a later, better, hand-checked leveled list.