Realistic Body Physics Poll

Dicecaster

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Skyrim to use a physics engine other than Havok, like Euphoria?

• Absolutely!
    • Yes.
    • I don't care.
    • No.
    • That's a terrible idea!

After reading and commenting on the topic titled "Realistic Body Physics", I decided to create a poll so everyone could toss their thoughts in. If you have a more advanced answer, put it in a reply. Edited by Dicecaster

Havok itself is actually a pretty good physics engine(i.e. Halo, Killzone, Assassins Creed, Bioshock, and Force Unleashed(which, honestly, is the only good part about that game xD, and was actually combined with Euphoria and DMM). I honestly don't know what Bethesda did to make it be so boinked. Though, I'd honestly like to see a combination of Havok and Euphoria, like we saw in Force Unleashed. Edited by jhardingame

To be honest, physics are physics, they can't be that game-breaking...

Though I must admit Havok got pretty unrealistic sometimes and DMM looks quite good.

I would go with jhardingame and say a bit of both.

But they can add so much. Look at Red Dead Redemption, the hilarity of the physics in that game is brilliant. When you hit someone in such a way that they do a barrel roll, or when you flip a cart the way your body rolls round with the cart but you can see the inertia..its brilliant

Physics has worked sometimes, but there are mods out there that aim to FIX it in Oblivion. That means there's something wrong with it.

I've found that it sometimes is too strong and exaggerated. Toning it down a bit might help. Hell, Starcraft II uses Havok, and it looks just fine.

Physic is a strange and awesome thing! Something new and revolutionary to gaming physics would be awesome, especially since Beth said they were making their own!

Bethsoft made a game engine(i.e. Graphics and functionality).

Game engine =/= physics engine.