Jumbled Maze of Death

SageRaintree

So, what exactly do you need help with to get this working? I have modest experience in GIMP as well as Notepad ++ (for Sins of a Solar Empire modding, as well as a stint with Medieval 2) and I've worked fairly regularly on my own levels with GECK for the past two weeks. Aside from that, I also started a Sci -Fi novel (~41 pages so far) about three weeks ago, and I fancy myself a decent writer...

I think first off I need a good story script semi fleshed out but open ended enough to account for things that might not be possible with the geck, so that we have a good foundation. I'm a bit of a writer, but more of a concept writer than a story writer.

If you check out my beta mod I put out, you'll see what I mean.... there is a good base for a story/ back story told through terminals and notes. But it is not fleshed out at all, and need some serious tweaking and pulling together. It's a concept for a story but without any real detail.

I've been working on textures for it to make some retex items for the enemies/npcs here's one.

http://www.dragontreestudio.com/images/NVB2Mask.jpg

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39294

This poseidon thing could be an awesome mod but it needs a real story and some refinement, it could even be a great beginning to this maze / nano mod were talking about or foundation instead of beginning I should say.

Edited by joshua121

Actually this could awesome, at the end of the quest maybe you could have the option to fix the computer system and have a dialougued super cpu like the one house is in, and use it to generate a follower/companion that doesn't go against the two follower limit. Then you could have a generated follower plus two of your own, and we could have them work on a timer so that they disentegrate/dissapear after a few days in game.

Yes, that could work...

Famous for its western oil monopoly, Poseidon Energy was also a front for several, more unsavory schemes. Though it did its best to portray itself as a benevolent corganization, Poseidon frequently worked with the US military in classified projects. One such project was the nanite program, codenamed Predator (Pervasive Reutilization of Environmental Debris for Assimilation into Technology and Other Resources). Born from a side-project of the brilliant doctor Alexander, the original nanite swarms were designed as autonomous self-replicating construction robots that would break down raw materials to construct elaborate bunkers. As with any invention, it was inevitable that it would be abused; though the first axe might have been intended to chop down trees, it was not long before man discovered that logs are not the only thing that can be hacked to pieces. Though Alexander was remarkably altruistic for a military engineer, his files were readily accessible to his superiors, who were decidedly less benevolent...

Ostensibly, the PREDATOR project, known to civilians as ROPE (RObotic Preservation of the Environment) was designed for the removal of industrial spills, but the supposed "purpose" of these efforts were only part of the testing phase of the design process. Designed to disintegrate Chinese tanks (and other nuisances) and then utilize the raw materials for resupplying troops in the field, the swarms were incorporated into androids at the behest of Constantine Chase, who intended that the project would be masked as elite power armor troops equipped with specialized weapons. Aside from having self destruct features that prevent capture, the "Power Armor" troops would have incorporated nanite manufacturing facilities linked to their rifles, which would allow them to replenish the swarms at any time. The first functional models were stationed at the Labrynth, a special facility designed by Alexander using modified construction bots that would rearrange the facility's layout in the event of an intruder. As with the SSIC project, which Alexander also designed, the base was designed to be autonomous, with integrated organic AIs controling the facility. Unfortunately, age, combined with the strain of attempting to make sense of the loss of contact with the outside world, has slowly driven the base's AI insane, with the result that it now believes that it has been infiltrated and subverted by the Chinese. As a result, the base is constantly changing, and new androids are produced every day, as the base searches in vain for the saboteurs that are not there...

Yes, that could work...

Famous for its western oil monopoly, Poseidon Energy was also a front for several, more unsavory schemes. Though it did its best to portray itself as a benevolent corganization, Poseidon frequently worked with the US military in classified projects. One such project was the nanite program, codenamed Predator (Pervasive Reutilization of Environmental Debris for Assimilation into Technology and Other Resources). Born from a side-project of the brilliant doctor Alexander, the original nanite swarms were designed as autonomous self-replicating construction robots that would break down raw materials to construct elaborate bunkers. As with any invention, it was inevitable that it would be abused; though the first axe might have been intended to chop down trees, it was not long before man discovered that logs are not the only thing that can be hacked to pieces. Though Alexander was remarkably altruistic for a military engineer, his files were readily accessible to his superiors, who were decidedly less benevolent...

Ostensibly, the PREDATOR project, known to civilians as ROPE (RObotic Preservation of the Environment) was designed for the removal of industrial spills, but the supposed "purpose" of these efforts were only part of the testing phase of the design process. Designed to disintegrate Chinese tanks (and other nuisances) and then utilize the raw materials for resupplying troops in the field, the swarms were incorporated into androids at the behest of Constantine Chase, who intended that the project would be masked as elite power armor troops equipped with specialized weapons. Aside from having self destruct features that prevent capture, the "Power Armor" troops would have incorporated nanite manufacturing facilities linked to their rifles, which would allow them to replenish the swarms at any time. The first functional models were stationed at the Labrynth, a special facility designed by Alexander using modified construction bots that would rearrange the facility's layout in the event of an intruder. As with the SSIC project, which Alexander also designed, the base was designed to be autonomous, with integrated organic AIs controling the facility. Unfortunately, age, combined with the strain of attempting to make sense of the loss of contact with the outside world, has slowly driven the base's AI insane, with the result that it now believes that it has been infiltrated and subverted by the Chinese. As a result, the base is constantly changing, and new androids are produced every day, as the base searches in vain for the saboteurs that are not there...

Nicely done! Really really nice.

That totally works,, unless anyone else is interested in doing this, you and I should move the workings of this to a private thread and start hammering out details so we can make this happen.

I especially love this (Pervasive Reutilization of Environmental Debris for Assimilation into Technology and Other Resources) thats truly fantastic.

If you can hammer out the story line, notes, terminal dialouge, and such I can build most of this, though we may need to reach out to someone who is a better scripter than i am for some of it. Thankfully if they are in power armor or masked armor, we won't have to worry about lip-sync for dialouge, or voice actors I think as it would make more sense to use a computerish voice for any dialougue with the system or it's generated soldiers.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, that's one of the reasons I chose Power Armor. N00b question: how do I do a private forum post? Is it the chat feature?

You can mail a person. Beneath their avatar is two icons: One adds them as a friend, and the other is a button to mail them. You'll want to hit the mail button.

Edit: Whoops, thread necro.. Need to check the dates more often.