Could I run oblivion on this computer?

DayDreams

Hi, I've been playing oblivion on the consoles for a long time and I wanted to try out Oblivion with mods on the PC. Thus i was just wondering if my PC could play it on average, not lowest, graphics with mods effectively.\

specs:

Windows 7 - home premium 64bit

Processor: AMD athlon II P340 Dual-Core Processor ~2.2GHz

Memory - 3072mb RAM

Page File: 1534MB used, 4085MB available

Thanks, If you need other information just tell me greatly appreciated.

The specs so far seem more than good enough to run oblivion on this pc, only thing you didnt mention is the graphics card you posses and of course for such a rather common question you can view and read the requirements on many sites throughout the internet. I played Oblivion before on a rather old and decent rig (P4 - 2.7GHz single core(OC from 2.4 to 2.7), 1.25GB RAM, radeon X1650PRO-AGP8X) without too many issues and fps lags on medium to high settings with an average of 35-45FPS ingame. Now i play it all on high with an another CPU(AMD) with 1MB L2cache (old P4 had 512kB and the fps drop was noticeable when fights and more npcs where inside a cell) without having the old FPS drops inside and outside a crowded cell, 2GB RAM and a 7600GT on PCI. So yes its fairly playable and you can help your system with many mods here to increase the framerate a lot more without lowering the settings too much.

The specs so far seem more than good enough to run oblivion on this pc, only thing you didnt mention is the graphics card you posses and of course for such a rather common question you can view and read the requirements on many sites throughout the internet. I played Oblivion before on a rather old and decent rig (P4 - 2.7GHz single core(OC from 2.4 to 2.7), 1.25GB RAM, radeon X1650PRO-AGP8X) without too many issues and fps lags on medium to high settings with an average of 35-45FPS ingame. Now i play it all on high with an another CPU(AMD) with 1MB L2cache (old P4 had 512kB and the fps drop was noticeable when fights and more npcs where inside a cell) without having the old FPS drops inside and outside a crowded cell, 2GB RAM and a 7600GT on PCI. So yes its fairly playable and you can help your system with many mods here to increase the framerate a lot more without lowering the settings too much.

I knew I had forgotten something!

Graphics Card is: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Thanks so much for your help I feel confident buying it now.

First of all, let's take a look at the minimum requirements:

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion System Requirements

Recommended:

* 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

* 1 GB System RAM

* ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP

* 512MB System RAM

* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card

* and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;

* 8x DVD-ROM drive

* 4.6 GB free hard disk space

* DirectX 9.0c (included)

* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

* Keyboard, Mouse

Supported Video Card Chipsets:

* ATI X1900 series

* ATI X1800 series

* ATI X1600 series

* ATI X1300 series

* ATI X850 series

* ATI x800 series

* ATI x700 series

* ATI x600 series

* ATI Radeon 9800 series

* ATI Radeon 9700 series

* ATI Radeon 9600 series

* ATI Radeon 9500 series

* NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series

* NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series

* NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series

* NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series

* NVIDIA GeForce FX series

Now, this is what I am guessing is your machine is based on the fact that your processor appears to be a fairly new laptop processor.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?nm_mc=AFC-TechBargains&cm_mmc=AFC-TechBargains-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16834200058

It appears that you have 3 times the recommended RAM, and twice the processor speed recommended. However, a $500 laptop will most likely have an integrated Intel Graphics card, which aren't really meant for any type of gaming.

Can you get Oblivion to run?

Yes, you can get it to run, but not very well. You will most likely need to set the graphic settings to minimum, and limit your game play to two hours a day in order to prevent overheating.

Never mind, I have an ATI mobility Radeon HD 5870, and can play Fallout 3 and New Vegas on medium-high settings. Just be sure to keep an eye on your heating. I've melted several laptops simply by gaming.

Edited by Sinophile

Go here to see if your computer can run the game

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

You will find the various game we support

Oblivion listed as 'The Elder Scrolls IV, Oblivion

Fallout3 as Fallout3 PC

Dragon Age listed as Dragon age

Fallout New Vegas as Fallout: New Vegas

Morrowind is not listed, However if you can run Oblivion at all it should run well on your system.

Do not trust this page it always gives false info

(eg when I had one single core processor, acorind to this page I had no chance to launch Assassin Creed...wile in practice game was running smooth on medium/high details.

Labs are mostly focusing on showing how "old " is your PC and that you need to BUY new one.