Posts randomly deleted?

amgepo

There are some users that apparently had experienced their posts being deleted, or the "this post was edited" not appearing after editing a post. This has been discussed in Companion Vilja tread between 23:10, 27 December 2010 and 23:45, 27 December 2010

As this has start happening (as far as I know), when the new adds system has been added, I suppose it should be a good place, to start looking for some configuration error.

Edited by amgepo

Thank you Amgepo :biggrin:

other "things" that are randomly happening are.

on multiple mods, when I select the mod, the banner add shows up on the screen (not the mod). I select "back" and reselect the mod and it goes to the mod.

on Multiple mods every time I edit my comments, 2 windows come up. One pop up window and behind it a new page opens to edit the post.

happened one time. I was editing a post and half way through typing, everything I had already typed turned to caps.

I run Norton 360, ran an update last night and a full system scan, only cookies were found, I have cleared my cookies and saved settings, no help

I have tried this using the latest versions of Fire Fox, and Google Chrome

There are some users that apparently had experienced their posts being deleted, or the "this post was edited" not appearing after editing a post. This has been discussed in Companion Vilja tread between 23:10, 27 December 2010 and 23:45, 27 December 2010

As this has start happening (as far as I know), when the new adds system has been added, I suppose it should be a good place, to start looking for some configuration error.

For the "edited by" note, in the forums that's optional - there's a checkbox below the post edit box, and I think it's state is remembered. On the file sites the "edited by" note has come and gone, I think just due to back-end code changes. I don't think I ever noticed it showing up until the in-page "add a comment" update happened a few months back.

Post deletions - assuming there was nothing that would have been subject to moderator deletion (you would likely know if that was the case), occasionally there have been times when some posts were lost due to site issues (some problem requiring a recent db backup to be restored for example), but I think Dark0ne posts a notice if that happens. But it's probably unrelated to the "edited by" thing.

MiloHunts problems sound more like either browser issues or changes to page code/css that might require clearing your cache. Pressing CTRL-F5 (a hard-refresh) while on a page will reload all such files from the server if that is the case.