Wouldn't it be awesome if...

ItachisTruth

The Courier from the Mojave Wasteland and the Lone Wanderer from the Capitol Wasteland met in a Fallout sequel. I know it's highly unlikely since your the endings on the previous games vary from how you progress in them. I wonder who you are going to play as in the next Fallout? I always wanted a Fallout where there is actually a vault that is still civilized and full with people. I wonder how they would react to the player (No like Vault 101). This is a pretty random post, I just wanted to hear what people would say about this. I mean, there is no telling what the storyline is going to be like, I mean the Vault Dweller could be a bad guy or possibly a saint.

I always wanted a Fallout where there is actually a vault that is still civilized and full with people. I wonder how they would react to the player (No like Vault 101).

in fallout 2 there was a populated vault.. in fact they had used their GECK and had a whole populated high tech city built around the vault too

The Courier from the Mojave Wasteland and the Lone Wanderer from the Capitol Wasteland met in a Fallout sequel.

I'm just going to mention how awful it is to have characters defined by their utter changeability according to the player used in future games (which will inevitably lead to them having fixed attributes, which will by their very nature of being only one of a multitude of options cause disdain among people who built their characters differently). I mean if my current Courier met the LW From Fallout 3 their first actions would probably involve bullets. Lots of bullets. And laughter.

But there have been vault-based societies still functioning in the series. There was Vault 13, your home in FO1 (which you could return to) and then Vault city, where they had exited the vault, used their GECK and built an elitist settlement where those of un-mutated DNA were considered superior and wastelanders were forcibly made 'servants'... It's not unheard of and it does lead to some interesting situations.

Edited by Lt Albrecht

I know what you mean about the vaults, in fallout3 and nv they have become more like giant social & psychological experiments than actual places of refuge when the bombs fell.

In both fallout1&2 they where more like refuges where sometimes things just hadn't gone to plan which is to be expected considering the number of year that have pasted, the last minute evacuation to the vaults as the war went critical and the natural psychological effect of relatively small numbers of people having to live their entire lives in sealed isolation.

EDIT: One of the major problems with the multiple ends in the fallout series is that the developers have to pick one set to continue onto the next game, that was one of the things that always bugged me about fallout2, probably made worse by that fact that the UK version was bugged and it was impossible to get the good ending for Shady Sands even if you completed all the quests to get it.

So how exactly did the NCR get started when Shady Sands was wiped off the map by raiders? (PS shady sands was founded by the people from vault 15 so the whole NCR was the result of a good vault)

In fact nether of two brotherhood of steel endings from the original fallout mesh with the brotherhood now.

The Brotherhood of Steel helps the other human outposts drive the mutant armies away with minimal loss of life, on both sides of the conflict. The advanced technology of the Brotherhood is slowly reintroduced into New California, with little disruption or chaos. The Brotherhood wisely remains out of the power structure, and becomes a major research and development house.
So somewhere between the current BoS and followers
The Brotherhood of Steel, under new leadership after the death of Rhombus, becomes an overzealous, techno-religious dictatorship. In 20 years, the Steel Plague devastates the newly formed New California Republic, and starts a Dark Age that could last a thousand years.
So roughly like they are now but with religious overtones and they are the major power not the NCR Edited by pob255

• 2 weeks later...
I know what you mean about the vaults, in fallout3 and nv they have become more like giant social & psychological experiments than actual places of refuge when the bombs fell.

The Vaults have always been that way. They were all designed by the United States' Government (more specifically, the Enclave that actually ran the government) in order to test the effects of prolonged isolation. Nobody who created them actually believed that a nuclear war was likely, but they took precautions just in case. In Fallout 3, they're much more obvious, but there were some in Fallouts 1 and 2, and a few that weren't in any game, but got mentioned by the developers. Some examples of the experiments: Of the 1000 people in the vault, one is male. Of the 1000 people in the vault, one is female. All entertainment tapes are removed. All entertainment tapes are removed except those of a particularly bad comic actor. The vault is filled with various religious and racial backgrounds, all placed close to one another. The vault door never fully closes, allowing radiation in. And there are many more besides those.