Red Diamond Errors

JohnyEvilguy

Alright, so a lot of mods I use have these errors where the actual mod is replaced with a red diamond with an exclamation point in it. Mods I have used that work are:

Factionless Ranger Combat Armor

Classic M72 Gauss Rifle

and various animation mods.

Mods that DON'T work and/or are replaced with a red diamond are:

Rorschach mask and hat

Eyelashes mod

9mm long slide and silencer mod

Classic weapons for new vegas.

I could not find help or an explanation at all for the red diamond error. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

you need to do Archive Invalidate or whatever its called. That will fix the problem. For some reason Beth didn't feel custom textures should be a simple thing, so you need to do that to work around the problem.

I have the Archive thingy. And I went into FOMM and clicked it off and on, but the the problem still occurs. What gives?

• 1 month later...

Alright, so a lot of mods I use have these errors where the actual mod is replaced with a red diamond with an exclamation point in it. Mods I have used that work are:

Factionless Ranger Combat Armor

Classic M72 Gauss Rifle

and various animation mods.

Mods that DON'T work and/or are replaced with a red diamond are:

Rorschach mask and hat

Eyelashes mod

9mm long slide and silencer mod

Classic weapons for new vegas.

I could not find help or an explanation at all for the red diamond error. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

The problem is that the game engine cannot find the texture files where the nif (Model file) says they are supposed to be. Check to see if you installed them according to the authors intention. You can also use NifScope to point the model to the textures real location.