Savegame CTD even though Wrye Bash says save is OK

Zuperbuu

I haven't uninstalled any mods, not installed any new mods for a few days, loaded up my game a half dozen times perfectly fine, but now all of a sudden my savegames keep crashing when I try to load them.

-I've made backup's of the character in 3 different locations in Skyrim (2 outdoors, one indoors) and they all crash without warning. (One of the autosaves works ok for some reason, and it was in the same location as the outdoor saves, so it makes no sense.)

-I've used LOOT to set up my load-order, cleaned any mods it suggested with Tes5Edit and run Wrye Bash and created a bashed patch.

-I run the latest version of Skyrim (patched both with official and unofficial patches).

-SKSE and all my mods are completely up-to-date. (I checked them all before I posted this topic.)

-Skyrim and all my mods are found in the default Steam directory. I install my mods with NMM, or manually if the creator says so (I modded Obivion heavily back in the day so I am experienced doing manual installations. All mods run fine.)

-My machine is a HP Pavilion Laptop, running on Windows 8.1 with 8GB RAM and an Intel i5 Processor, Iris HD Graphics. All drivers are up-to-date. I run the game on Medium Graphics with no performance loss.

-All the saves are 8.6mb so they aren't bloated (I have finished a lot of quests and hoarded a lot of stuff.) I do not yet own any DLC.

This isn't a new issue, I have had this happen before back when all I had installed was Frostfall and it's requirements. My autosaves have been saving me from losing everything, but I am getting tired of running the risk of someday finding they won't anymore.

Upon checking the save section on Bash, all of my saves are purple which from what I read means they are in sync with my load-order and I shouldn't have any issues. I double-checked this in the mods-list in the saves and it all matches...so why am I getting this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Zuperbuu

One thing to check for is if anything is running in the background on your computer that's pissing Skyrim off. I've had trouble where update loaders will startup in the background and cause problems.

To be safe I turned Windows and Apple updates off since I use to get them too much, thanks for the heads up on that one. My virus scanner still runs at a scheduled time so I will be careful using my game whenever it runs.

EDIT: Even after being careful not to play during any updates or virus scanning, I still keep getting CTD on loading up a manually saved game. Autosaves work fine. I've also noticed Wrye Bash is NOT making backups of my saves when I use the backup feature, and I have to do it manually. Any further help please?

Edited by Zuperbuu