Problem with Exporting Nif Model

cracksoldier

Hi I tried to modify a vault suit in New Vegas. So I imported the nif File in Blender and

modified it. But after I export the model I encounter the problem that the suit doesnt

stick to the model(Look at the Screenshot):

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/9484/screenshot0wt.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I used the Standart Setting off the Exporter, here is a Screenshot:

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/676/blenderexport.th.png

I have uploaded my Files:

http://rapidshare.com/files/440021334/cracksoldier_files.rar

I hope anybody can help me with this problem.

Sorry for my bad english but my native language is german.

Greetz Cracksoldier

http://www.mediafire.com/?9cnc94n85jg1aa6 Fixed version *hopefully*( youll have to switch the texture back from vault 101 suit to your test file)

Dunno how you import/exported before. The way I did it was the way showed on sicklyields tutorial: Basicly make shure meatcaps/skelton ect deleted, select the skin sections, then iimport the skeleton again and export with skin on shader options.

Delet the skelton and select everything else, minus skin and import skeleton again, then export a second nif.

Open up something like femaleupperbody.nif and delete the body part, Open up your 2 exported nifs and copy branch one part at a time, after each time you copy go back to femaleupperbody.nif and paste into the scene route.

Rince and repeat till you have assembled a new armor.

After that right click on the new pasted parts string and edit index and rename apropriately.

NSFW image below

Hi!

There is something to know about this situeation.

The nifscripts and pyffi have gone through updates over the years. It has improved lots.

There is no reason to copy and paste stuff. between nifs.

Many tutorials become outdated this way, so it is good to keep this in mind so you dont waste a bunch of time using nifskope tricks.

But nifskope tricks are still useful. depends on what you are trying to make. no need for armor.

Notice in the op screenshot of export options, Shadow map is not selected. If it is selected then it will show up in game correctly.

If you simply select everything u want to export at once, select default settings for fo3 plus shadow map for your export option in blender, export your nif straight into data folder.

It will work in game the way it is.

Just make sure that your shader options are set correctly and u can change em with nifskope if u want.

it is zbuffer test, shadowmap, empty, and unknown 31 for regular armor parts and including your meatcaps.

For your showing skin parts (arms01) just add enviroment mapping and change shader type to skin.

Keep in mind there are other settings that fo3 default button will not change back. using bsfadenode and exporting dismember body parts You will need to set manually, if you were previously making nifs that require those settings to be different. For armor u turn off bsfadenode root and make sure dismmeber body parts is on.

Edited by baduk

Well, sometimes it is still necessary to do Copy/Paste branch tricks in NifSkope such as with Oblivion swords with scabbards and non-convex collision models. Sometimes the havok system freaks out using the primitives created in Blender...which may require copying your mesh into a similar-sized weapon and replace it's meshes.

And sometimes you cannot "create" items in Blender and make working NIF such as with Oblivion bows. You have to import a working bow, then make your modifications and export. Any loss of the original bow morph keys will result in a non-functioning bow.

LHammonds