morthal jarl wont let me buy land

gamerguycris

Hello so a bit of backstory, i sided with the stormcloaks when i finished the civil war. I already have lakeview manor fully built and i decided to get the other two houses for the achievement.Now i already did the quest to investigate the burned down house and i helped 3 people in morthal and i was named thane. But after talking to the jarl and her steward no one seemsto have the option to purchase property. In fact after the jarl named me thane she didnt say i.could buy land but i know hearthfire is activated because i have lakeview manor and i can adopt children. I have the unofficial hearthfire patch if that helps but i even deactivated it and no one still would let me buy land. Has anyone solved this problem? Ive only encountered this problem on my copy of.skyrim for my pc. Any help would be greatly appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Did you become Thane before winning the Civil War for the Stormcloaks? If you become Thane in a Hold that later changes sides after the Civil War, the new Jarl/Steward won't recognize you as a Thane of that Hold anymore unfortunately. And I don't think there's a way to regain it, at least not that I've found. I've run into this a couple times before I just gave up on the Civil War completely. :/

Edited by Xyroca