SKSE save files won't show up ingame?

lazubop

The .skse files are just 'companion' saves, that contain SKSE info. That gets loaded right along with the .ess file.... You won't see the .skse files in your load list..... but, you should see the .ess files with the same name there.

The .skse files are just 'companion' saves, that contain SKSE info. That gets loaded right along with the .ess file.... You won't see the .skse files in your load list..... but, you should see the .ess files with the same name there.

When i go through >documents>mygames>skyrim>saves, i only see the .SKSE files (of this character in particular) but not the .ESS files. My other characters have .ESS AND .SKSE files, but not this one. How do i find/recover the .ESS files, if that's possible?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/7/2021 at 2:12 PM, Oldhunter12 said:

How did you fix it?

hi bro, 

I think I have found the solution and I hope this can help you.

In my case I used Mod Organizer and it created a new save section in the Documents/MyGames/Skyrim or Skyrim SE folder.

What I did was to copy those saves from the original game folder and those from any other subfolders created by SKSE, and send them to the folder chosen by Mod Organizer ("__MO_Saves" by default).

On 7/20/2016 at 8:40 AM, Kwerny said:

I have the same problem how to fix it? please help me.

The problem arises because Mod Organizer changed the folder set to SKSE and chose the folder created by the mod manager. copy and paste the saves from the original game and send them to the default Mod Organizer saves folder (in my case).