Best default class

MidbossVyers

Best heavy magic class  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What is it?

In Dont Like The Defaults But If I Had To Choose It Would Be The Spellsword As I Like Combat With Both Spells And Magic.

Wait... what?

He has brought confusion to the land, by which I mean my thread.

I'm confused..

Unfortunately in the vanilla game, most of the quests and rewards/weapons/armor in the game (or even those from custom mods), seem to suit the melee-player rather than the magic-weilder.

I personally prefer Battlemage, as it focuses more on combat (blade/blunt) and offensive magicka abilities (but no restoration).

For healer characters, Spellsword is better as it gives Restoration and Heavy Armor abilities and focuses on defensive magicka. Spellsword can make a weaker character for intense combat due to the lack of offensive spells.

I usually create a custom class based on Battlemage/Spellsword and add Restoration, Light Armor and Sneak abilities, and bolstering the Strength and Intelligence attributes (default for a Battlemage).

Try rapidly throwing spells at a jumping ravenous Black Wolf in the flickering moonlight over a hilly terrain, and you will know how difficult it is to accurately aim a fireball in semi-darkness on a fast-moving target shrouded by heavy shrubbery. Those who forsake the sword, often die by it. :laugh:

For characters relying on stealth, an Agent is better than a Thief due to the Illusion ability. If you like Alchemy, you could instead opt for an Assassin character, as Poison Potions can be very effective and useful at higher levels.

Speechcraft is the dumbest ability in the game, and pure combat with no magic abilities makes the game boring.

Hence a Crusader is better than a Knight or Warrior (especially, due to added Destruction and Restoration abilities).

My vote goes for best default class goes to Crusader for melee lovers and Spellsword for magic lovers.

Tip: The SpellBreaker Shield and Tower of Nine Sheild are very good defense for close combat. I love the way they're designed so that there's an opening/dent at the top of the shield - useful to keep your enemy in sight as you prepare to block his attack. The magicka boosts on these shields are very useful for mages, especially if you already buffed yourself.

Pic courtesy: http://www.uesp.net/...blivion:Classes

Edited by vvk78