New texture not showing

Lehcar

I previously had a custom texture replacement for an armor, but I just replaced it with a new one.

The new texture is displaying in NifSkope and the CS, but ingame, it is still showing the old texture and I can't figure out why. I even tried deleting the old texture completely off my computer, but it's still showing it ingame even though it doesn't exist anymore...

I previously had a custom texture replacement for an armor, but I just replaced it with a new one.

The new texture is displaying in NifSkope and the CS, but ingame, it is still showing the old texture and I can't figure out why. I even tried deleting the old texture completely off my computer, but it's still showing it ingame even though it doesn't exist anymore...

if the mesh is the old one, you need to add the textures in the archive invalidation.

because the old texture is still in the BSA archive, she can't be deleted.

you can also change the name of the texture and save the mesg again, it should work to.

The only thing I can think of is, you deleted the wrong thing, and the old texture is still there somewhere.

The game looks at your Data folder first, and uses what it finds there. It looks at the textures.bsa if there's nothing there. I'm guessing you know that, but if you really deleted the old custom texture, it would not show.

What armor is it? What's the old custom texture? What's the new custom texture?

I'm 100% positive the old texture is gone and that the new one is in the right spot. As I said it's showing correctly in NifSkope and in the CS, just not ingame.

It's the DB armor btw. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/sad.gif

As already mentioned, if the "old" texture is still showing in-game then you obviously didn't delete it. It's impossible for it to show up in-game without the texture file being in either A) Data/Textures folder or B) the Oblivion - Textures.bsa or any other mod-added BSA that includes this texture.

Or you never had the "old" texture file showing in-game anyway and you've always been using the default textures and just didn't realize it. The reason for this would be the lack of Archive Invalidation, or improper installation.

That's the only possibilities for the situation you describe to occur.

What's the DB armor? That stealth ninja suit you get at the start of the Dark Brotherhood?

What's the old custom texture you were using? What's the new custom texture?