The Tribute to Wardog Companion(Mutt)

Maddy21

The best companion in the entire game.. He has saved my ass so many damn times i cant even count. Hell he single handedly took out the bloodmage leader in magi tower all by himself when everyone died. ;D

The only loyal companion , rest are all damn extremists in their thoughts :verymad:

though am curious, is there any special move for a warhound when he kills those big huge demon monsters ??

Edited by Maddy21

Actually, human nobles CAN name their dogs...... well, most of the time anyway. I have a mod installed (I don't know which one) which, at odd times, will not allow the naming so I do have a couple of furry friends named simply "Dog".

..and I do love them.

Have you tried the "Extra Dog Slot" mod? Is great.

Cheers

Actually, human nobles CAN name their dogs...... well, most of the time anyway. I have a mod installed (I don't know which one) which, at odd times, will not allow the naming so I do have a couple of furry friends named simply "Dog".

..and I do love them.

Cheers

Huh.

Current playthrough as Human Noble and I never got the option to name my dog...he's just Dog. So I'm treating him like the dog in the Footrot Flats comics - NEVER use his real name. ;)

..and I do love them.

Cheers

Huh.

Current playthrough as Human Noble and I never got the option to name my dog...he's just Dog. So I'm treating him like the dog in the Footrot Flats comics - NEVER use his real name. ;)

Got the dog both as Human noble and Dwarf, and got to name him both times.

Not for sure about who gets to name the dog, but this needs to have the correct spelling and usage of the name Dawg.

As I am still new to this I am not the best to comment perhaps, but I will agree with the original poster, the dog, a range person and a tank would make a dangerous team. Though I will have to take a look at that two dog mod, almost seems unfair.

Steve J.

Human nobles DO get to name the dog ,in the origin story itself when you get the dog as a companion for the first time.i have played two nobles once with and once without above mentioned mod and named him both times.So you probably just missed it.

oh,i did however have this naming problem once(don't remember what i was playing as) and it was when i used a mod to change the appearance of the mabari(made him look like a wolf).

• 2 weeks later...

Some mods can stop the Human Noble getting to name his dog. I had that problem a time or two myself.

As for Dog himself, he's easily the most powerful warrior of all your companions in the early to mid part of the game, IMO. He's faster than the others, has an area of effect stun attack that has a pretty big area AND Overwhelm, which is pretty lethal. Not to mention his auxiliary ability as a 'finder of stuff'.

Love him.

• 1 month later...
Ya as HN u can name dog in the larder after the rat battle. I totally LOVE the DOg, no way I wanted to leave him out of the battles and thankfully that extra dog slot mod is a life saver, he is fantastic and never wavers in his loyalty!