Dragon Age: Romance Irony?

Salona

Does anyone else find it ironic how in romance, the Warden never gets preagnant (the women, of course) despite many 'attempts' in the tent, yet after one try (wether it be Alistair or Male Warden) that Morrigan falls prego straight off the bat? :biggrin:

Afterall, Alistair always complained *cough* whined *cough* when he became king that he would need an heir, and with the taint it was not likely - Grey wardens who had children had them before the taint, after all. :happy:

*sings* Irroooony.... *sings*

Meh, I am rambling :mellow:

Edited by Salona

Ahhh, but you forget that it's not just "Tent Time", it's "The Dark Ritual". :laugh:

Morrigan is on a massive dose of fertility herbs, and has drawn the appropriate Spirits close just for the occasion. :thumbsup:

Not just that, Thandal.

Let's face it, by use of spells she can manipulate natural forces and body parts to an amazing degree (just look at what some of those spells do!) - simply giving a blob of sperm an accelerated route to an ovum, and then providing it a nurturing environment, should be a walk in the park..

Just goes to show, a world needs a mage!

But then how come our mage chars can't do the same? http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/whistling.gif

But then don't forget there is also Mardy getting pregnant if a male char sleeps with her in the Dwarf Noble origin... http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/wacko.gif

Edited by Lehcar

But then how come our mage chars can't do the same?

Well duh-uh! 'cuz they aren't trained in the "...old magic, from a time before your Circle even existed." :laugh:

But then don't forget there is also Mardy getting pregnant if a male char sleeps with her in the Dwarf Noble origin...

Alistair doesn't say it's "impossible", just "difficult". And we Dwarves are a lot better able to resist the effects of the Taint than those puny Humans or weakling Elves! :tongue:

And besides, as we learn in WH, if your Warden EVER warmed Morri's tent there's a child, regardless of whether or not the DR was performed. (One presumes THAT child is NOT an OGB, but I guess we have to go through the Eluvian to find out! :teehee: )

But then how come our mage chars can't do the same?

Well duh-uh! 'cuz they aren't trained in the "...old magic, from a time before your Circle even existed." :laugh:

But then don't forget there is also Mardy getting pregnant if a male char sleeps with her in the Dwarf Noble origin...

Alistair doesn't say it's "impossible", just "difficult". And we Dwarves are a lot better able to resist the effects of the Taint than those puny Humans or weakling Elves! :tongue:

And besides, as we learn in WH, if your Warden EVER warmed Morri's tent there's a child, regardless of whether or not the DR was performed. (One presumes THAT child is NOT an OGB, but I guess we have to go through the Eluvian to find out! :teehee: )

But if Morrigan was already prego, what would happen to the baby in her womb already? Afterall, I assume there was more to the DR than just screwing her :happy:

And I am sure my mage can manipulate Alistairs body.... :thumbsup:

... And besides, as we learn in WH, if your Warden EVER warmed Morri's tent there's a child, regardless of whether or not the DR was performed. (One presumes THAT child is NOT an OGB, but I guess we have to go through the Eluvian to find out! :teehee: )

But if Morrigan was already prego, what would happen to the baby in her womb already? Afterall, I assume there was more to the DR than just screwing her :happy:

And I am sure my mage can manipulate Alistairs body.... :thumbsup:

It's kinda' like Schroedinger's Cat. She may be pregnant, she may not be pregnant. But until you do or do not allow the DR to be performed, there is no way of knowing.

If you had EVER joined her in her tent but then refuse her the DR, then she got pregnant during (one of) the earlier encounter(s) with you. As your mother may have said, "It only takes once..."

If you chose to allow the DR, then THAT'S when the child who will become the OGB is conceived.

In either case, if ANYONE in your DA:O playthrough had participated in the required interaction with Morrigan, in WH she will acknowledge that she has had a child by (one or another of) them (I add the conditioinal phrase to account for the situation where Morri could have lain with both your Warden in Camp, and another for the DR in Redcliffe.)

If you neither warm her tent in Camp, nor allow the DR to be performed, she is not pregnant and there is no reference to a child in WH.

Well truly I am not satisfied with any of those theories, as in the Novels dragonage , the most likely mother of Alistair was a grey warden female, impregnated by Maric.

That being said EVEN if they claim 2 GW's cant have kids, why not the alternate LI's? I agree too, that ok, mb Morrigans old school magic opened it up, but surely Alvernus would have cooked something up for ALL those years he experimented? I mean even Darkspawn have a mother! why not baby gw's?

And Alistair assumes if he marries some other noble wench he will have an heir, Wth?! lol see what i mean>?