[HELP!] LOD terrain problem when landscaping

So I've just nuked a huge and high hill here in order to make a flat space for a small lodge on the ridge, and (what I assume is) the LOD is poking through the lowered terrain!

http://i.imgur.com/GzXweTa.png

Any ideas how to fix this?

There is none.

I mean there is but it requires rendering the whole of tamriels LOD with oscape and finding the exact area you modified and replacing that as loose files.. Prob a way to do that but it's the creating all of tamriels LOD that is the kicker, I might be able to run a test to see if it is possible but then you still run into the problem of figuring out which cell etc it is

Discworld is a 32x32 cell (I think it's been a while like past 4 days) and has 340 .btr files in the meshes for the LOD of just the terrain, and I have no idea how to decipher what is what in that s#*!, they are named crap like discworld.8.8.-8.btr discworld.8.-8.8.btr and kind of so on and so forth,

So best advice, go up, move the terrain up, create a flat space, and make stairs or ramps or something to it, down is always a shitshow, moving trees can do the same, and I know 100% that when I hit the object LOD generation inside the CK for Tamriel, mine blew the f*#@ up, could never get it to do that part reliably.

If anyone has any better advice I'm all ears, I know how to gen it etc and get it to work right in my own custom worldspace and get others formatted for it, modifying the default one I am in some unknown territory except for what I've tested and guessed at etc.

Time to pass the F out though for the day

hmmm, I've always used Oscape to generate LOD for my custom worldspaces, but messing with the entirety of Tamriel, eesh.

Not to mention the CK's LOD generation is a horrible buggy mess. You can tell it to build a specific chunk by specifying coordinates and dimension but I've never really messed with it, nor do I know if you can just plonk the bits you just generated into the game folder and get a consistent whole. I kind of doubt it.

If you do go that route, you will also need to extract the LOD nifs from any structure meshes in that section from the original sources to be able to generate successfully (if I remember all this correctly, it's been a year since I've last pulled out hairs over this particular nonsense). I've always built my houses somewhere where I didn't have to do a lot of landscaping, and if I did some, I made sure that my structure would completely overlap any LOD weirdness. Not the prettiest solution, I know.

Discworld is a 32x32 cell (I think it's been a while like past 4 days) and has 340 .btr files in the meshes for the LOD of just the terrain, and I have no idea how to decipher what is what in that s***, they are named crap like discworld.8.8.-8.btr discworld.8.-8.8.btr and kind of so on and so forth,

Chunks of LOD meshes/textures/tree stuff at different LOD levels (0,1,2), if I recall correctly the first number has to do with the LOD level used, the second and third are starting cell coordinates for that chunk. Not sure anymore. This was one of the least fun things about worldspace building. I mean, when the CK wiki itself states:

At the moment, the Creation Kit's LOD generation doesn't create fully-functional results, including broken color maps and inaccurate meshes

You know you're in for a rough ride.

I tried LOD generation in CK. Not sure if it was that OR me right-clicking on the Render Window and bring up the menu, choosing "Generate LOD Land Texture". Either of those, but I managed to fix it.

That seriously should not have fixed it, and hitting anything that has the letters LOD in that order in the CK is a can o worms not to be smacked lightly. I have personally repaired 3 peoples worldspaces and tried to for 3 others that failed because of bad preparation and stuff like that. not that you can F up tamriels itself but ya, be careful. And note, it takes me days to repair what one person can screw up in one button click, so backups backups backups.

• 3 months later...

I am having a similar issue. I have not once been able to complete a world space, out of 5 attempted. LOD for me always screws up. I have tried generating it through CK and through Oscape. I followed the video on youtube by the guy that made Falskaar, each time I end up with black patches of grass, and holes in the bottom of the mountains. The last time I attempted it almost worked, but for some reason it would only work on half of my new worldspace at a time. So for example if I went to a high spot on the map, I could only see the side I was standing on. I could look across and see the mountain border but not the land or grass or water. At a certain point all of the land etc just disappeared, and I ended up with half of a mountain range floating in mid air. I don't have an image to post as I have already deleted the world space. But I would really love a tip to help me out. I have to get a new world space finished before I can release this mod I am working on.

Square your worldspace in a 32 32 to -32 -32 grd in the region generator

IE go to world, regions, make a new region name it MY REGION, and square your world off, if it doesnt fit in the 32 upgrade to a 64, Velicky does not cover this, if your worldspace is not square tree, obj, and oscape generation will NOT work right

Ok, this will be my first time using the region editor... After reading your post I immediately started looking for guides. I have found a couple by Dark Creations. But I am unsure what you mean, and how to do it. I have made a test world space to practice on, I have selected it in the region editor. Created the new region. But I am not sure what values to put where.

Uhhh just make a new region for your worldspace.. then left click at 32 32, 32-32, -32-32, -32 32, then back to 32 32 and click done... then hit apply, then boom ready to rumble

Or was it right click.. I did it like 5 hours ago and cant remember.. whichever one leaves a little x :P

Edited by DDProductions83