Living Arcanis Total Conversion (Help Wanted)

revanauditore92

this thread is a train wreck. After seeing the way you treat people giving you legitimate advice, there is absolutely 0% anyone's going to want to help you until you clean up your act and actually have some sort of beginning product to entice people with. I'm not even a modder myself and I can see how ass-backwards everything you've said so far is.

Look, I get it. You're a young kid, maybe 13-16 years old, you have a lot of schoolwork and no time or patience to learn how to mod. Completely reasonable. But the least you can do is treat people who actually do know what they're doing and/or talking about with a level of respect.

This is ridiculous. He's obviously just reacting to the negativity in this post. You guys were just lambasting this dude to diffuse you own personal frustrations. I would say the same thing to you guys too, if i was him lol. Not that anyone who behaves like you guys do would understand how transparent you are lol.

Edited by TheNexusLurker

So telling the guy that he needs to realise the magnitude of the project and that he should do so work and show something if he wants people to join, which is basically the truth, is lambasting, and you calling his post "spam" and "absurd" isn't lambasting? yeah, that makes sense.

so "You need to realise that is is MASSIVELY HUGE project and would require a big team" is a bad explanation of the magnitude of the mod?

edit: i see you removed your post, i'm going to guess you realised how wrong you were.

Edited by FrankFamily

Look who's calling me silly, funny actually, not very original but funny nontheless. btw who's fighting here?, all i see here is a nexus lurker with a tendency towards double standards and such a big ego.

I guess you expected me to tell him the exact amount of team members and development time needed to make it, right? because, like it or not, it is a massively huge project and it happens to require a big team. But i can use more words to tell the same if you wish, maybe then it will meet your standards.

Edited by FrankFamily

This is a mess. I have some advice of my own:

First of all, mod requests of large project should have lots of details, giving any potential mod author an idea of how everything in the mod should work. I have made several such requests, (by the way, none of them have been worked on. That doesn't upset me, though, the idea is out there for the taking).

Here are some examples of complicated mod requests that i have made:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2577284-mod-request-sir-you-are-being-hunted-new-predator-ai-and-stats/&do=findComment&comment=22609724

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/986944-dragon-riding-overhaul-mod-request/

A total conversion mod that not only includes adding a whole new landmass, but overhauling almost every aspect of the game, requires nothing less than a design document. If you take the time and effort to figure out how everything will work and post the document on the forums, you 'might' have better success. If you need help figuring out little details of one thing or another, you could post the topic in Skyrim Mod Talk, which i believe is the forum for discussing mod development (i could be wrong though.)

I would recommend doing this in bits and pieces.

1. First figure out how bring D&D 3.5 style character progression and gameplay into Skyrim. Even this requires a decent design document, but it is much more manageable because it is much more focused. Once you've posted your design document, if someone makes a mod with it, you can use it as base to build your total conversion with.

2. Figure out all the npcs's in the towns and citiies you would come across, all the mosters you would fight.

If you can get people excited about your idea, it may even become a reality. Just take things in small steps and be prepared to do a lot of the design prep work. That is all the advice I (who is not a skyrim mod maker) have for you.

"Just saying. There are huge bowls of ice cream and then there are huge mountains lol." yeah, and then there are huge mods like Beyond Skyrim and similar projects where huge means "might even take years WITH a team of experienced people".

To step away from the useless stuff in this thread i'm going to add that there's a saying about modding "Start small". If you want to convert skyrim into Arcanis or whatever then start by changing the races, implementing the lore, adding some content from it and maybe even release those. That way you'd learn and the total conversion might become something real, plus you'd have somethign to catch people's attention, increasing the posibilty of them joining the team.

i understand it's a tall order. it'd probably take years just to get the first region done. i blew up at you all cause you keep treating me like im an ignorant moron. I wasnt expecting the entire modding community to drop everything just to work on this. i was just seeing who was intrested. Arcanis has a great story of epic empires battling for supremacy. i thought itd translate well into skyrim.