Interpreting the Dragonwall

PounceDeLeon

the Numidium from Morrowind and Daggerfall

Seeing as how Bethesda seems to like giant robots I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with a reason to put one in Skyrim too.

TES is a magic based society not a science based society

a 4 story tall golem on the other hand . . .

the Numidium from Morrowind and Daggerfall

Seeing as how Bethesda seems to like giant robots I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with a reason to put one in Skyrim too.

TES is a magic based society not a science based society

a 4 story tall golem on the other hand . . .

Giant mechanical constructs have been featured in many Elder Scrolls games, calling them golems, robots, potatos or potatoes doesn't really matter. ;)

Perhaps each hero in the carving is actually the founder of each era. You are the result of Akatosh's most recent God-human love affair, and so you are the fourth, after Tiber Septim.

The dragons play a part in the cosmological process by which the world is renewed with the coming of each new era. The Oblivion invasion and the 200 years of anarchy that followed were a sort of Tribulation, in a biblical kind of way. During this troubled time, the Elder Council squabled amongst itself. Members became corrupt and tried to seize more power for themselves. Instead of heeding the words of the Elder Scrolls, as they had always done, they turned away from them and ruthlessly discouraged any mention of the prophecy within. The Empire was already fractured, and the Council couldn't abide words within the Scrolls about the coming dragon-apocalypse to leak and spread hysteria. With their sort sighted goals of maintaining power, they lied to the people, and when the truth finally dawned...

...it dawned in fire!

I'm good.

It could be possible that the goblin figure is some sort of slave fighter for the dragons, created for the sole purpose of destroying their enemies. They don't have to like them to be able to use them.

Though I do find it odd that there is only one of them...

Perhaps each hero in the carving is actually the founder of each era. You are the result of Akatosh's most recent God-human love affair, and so you are the fourth, after Tiber Septim.

The dragons play a part in the cosmological process by which the world is renewed with the coming of each new era. The Oblivion invasion and the 200 years of anarchy that followed were a sort of Tribulation, in a biblical kind of way. During this troubled time, the Elder Council squabled amongst itself. Members became corrupt and tried to seize more power for themselves. Instead of heeding the words of the Elder Scrolls, as they had always done, they turned away from them and ruthlessly discouraged any mention of the prophecy within. The Empire was already fractured, and the Council couldn't abide words within the Scrolls about the coming dragon-apocalypse to leak and spread hysteria. With their sort sighted goals of maintaining power, they lied to the people, and when the truth finally dawned...

...it dawned in fire!

I'm good.

woah, I think you actually got it more or less... given the new material from GameInformer.... nice.

Oh my God, I think I cracked a new mystery!!!

Read the Five Songs of King Wulfhearth (Ysmir, the Dragon of the North) http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Five_Songs_of_King_Wulfharth

It says here in the second song: The second song of King Wulfharth glorifies his deeds in the eyes of the Old Gods. He fights the eastern Orcs and shouts their chief into Hell. He rebuilds the 418th step of High Hrothgar, which had been damaged by a dragon. When he swallowed a thundercloud to keep his army from catching cold, the Nords called him the Breath of Kyne.

We have an orc on the left (which I called a goblin earlier), and dragons destroying the steps of High Hrothgar, then a mighty hero shouting... I think we know what the image depicts now exactly!!

But there is MORE: Wulfharth defeats Alduin (temporarily) in the 3rd song!

The third song of King Wulfharth tells of his death. Orkey, an enemy god, had always tried to ruin the Nords, even in Atmora where he stole their years away. Seeing the strength of King Wulfharth, Orkey summoned the ghost of Alduin Time-Eater again. Nearly every Nord was eaten down to six years old. Boy Wulfharth pleaded to Shor, the dead Chieftain of the Gods, to help his people. Shor's own ghost then fought the Time-Eater on the spirit plane, as he did at the beginning of time, and he won, and Orkey's folk, the Orcs, were ruined. As Boy Wulfharth watched the battle in the sky he learned a new thu'um, What Happens When You Shake the Dragon Just So. He used this new magic to change his people back to normal. In his haste to save so many, though, he shook too many years out on himself. He grew older than the Greybeards, and died. The flames of his pyre were said to have reached the hearth of Kyne itself.

Ok: so Alduin's defeat was merely a delay, at the time Dragons and orcs were destroying the Nordic kingdoms and Ysmer fights back and defeats them. Read the book I linked, because a lot of this has to do with Lorkhan too... I think we have the meaning now.

I have a small observation that supports the three heros as being the players from the previous games. Notice that each hero's level of detail increases as you move though the eras (left to right). Well, the Elder Scrolls' graphics improved in each game, specifically: Daggerfall (pixilated 2D game, pretty much worn away in the image)<Morrowind (original Xbox level 3D graphics, slightly more detail in the image)<Oblivion (best graphics of the time).

This gets me excited about Skyrim, just look at how detailed he is! :woot:

Edited by Spl1nt3rC3ll