Harrassed by a scammish popup.

Vindekarr

He is going this route because it makes more money, and as you saw in the reference post, he has yearly web server bills (the file server bills are paid monthly) of around £20,000 ($31,000).. That is a lot of money, and demands a steady income. (When it all comes down to it, we should all have premium just to keep these sites alive...)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Log in when browsing the file sites, this will set a cookie and you will only get one pop up on the scheduled time rather than on every page.

If you are not logged in you will get one on each page load !

I'm getting fraud block warnings everytime I come to/log in to Elder Scrolls Nexus. An example of what my internet security is showing is: http://www.nine-news.net/finance-news/ca-breaking-... and so on. I don't think nearly all the holes from the recent hacking is patched up or even stopped. This is not just malware/spam on user end this is coming from server end. I hope its fixed soon.

i am also totally sick of this site opening in new window whenever I browse the dragonagenexus site

http://www.nine-news.net/finance-news/uk-breaking-news.php?ex=112

i have wasted ages trying to kill it in chrome adblock - i can kill the page content but not the pop up window.

I shall quit coming here if site owners continue with this spam. - whatevver they are paying you in ad revenue - it's not worth it - find a more ethical way to raise funds & quit promoting scams.

If you use Firefox, 'Blocksite' is a useful add-on for preventing specific sites from loading; you have to add the site name (e.g. www.nine-news.net -- don't go there) to a sh*t-list maintained by the prog (I've a load of torrent sites listed so when I'm Googling for files or downloads, I'm not wasting time looking at illicit stuff).

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3145/

I'm getting fraud block warnings everytime I come to/log in to Elder Scrolls Nexus. An example of what my internet security is showing is: http://www.nine-news.net/finance-news/ca-breaking-... and so on. I don't think nearly all the holes from the recent hacking is patched up or even stopped. This is not just malware/spam on user end this is coming from server end. I hope its fixed soon.

i am also totally sick of this site opening in new window whenever I browse the dragonagenexus site

http://www.nine-news.net/finance-news/uk-breaking-news.php?ex=112

i have wasted ages trying to kill it in chrome adblock - i can kill the page content but not the pop up window.

I shall quit coming here if site owners continue with this spam. - whatevver they are paying you in ad revenue - it's not worth it - find a more ethical way to raise funds & quit promoting scams.

yeah this opening a second window has been grabbing me now too only when i sign in now but as a Premium member i was led to believe i would be receiving 0 (zero) AD's now I'm running virus protection, Spybot S&D, and now several addons for Firefox that block spam sites so if I'm still getting slammed from AD's then what am i paying for?

this is the page that gets opened up at this addy

http://freegiveawayoffers.com/bvc/

You should not see adds if you are logged into the file sites, you will get that one when you go to any of the sites you are not logged in to. Also until you establish a session on a specific site you will get that once, closing your browser closes the session.

I have tried this on several browsers on my other account, and once logged in the popup is not longer active.

I use no add or script blocking on any browser and only see that add once per session.

Buddah

You should not see adds if you are logged into the file sites, you will get that one when you go to any of the sites you are not logged in to. Also until you establish a session on a specific site you will get that once, closing your browser closes the session.

I have tried this on several browsers on my other account, and once logged in the popup is not longer active.

I use no add or script blocking on any browser and only see that add once per session.

Buddah

the only time i see these ads is when i first log into any part of the Nexus site not during the time i am logged in.

but the issue now is if i paid for membership which is supposed to be No AD's why am i still getting them i jumped through all the hoops you guys said to with the addons for browser and other spyware blockers added to what protection i keep on my own. Please correct me if im wrong about Premium membership and the no AD's thing.

Buddah

the only time i see these ads is when i first log into any part of the Nexus site not during the time i am logged in.

but the issue now is if i paid for membership which is supposed to be No AD's why am i still getting them i jumped through all the hoops you guys said to with the addons for browser and other spyware blockers added to what protection i keep on my own. Please correct me if im wrong about Premium membership and the no AD's thing.

If you allow Nexus to "set a persistent cookie" on your machine, then it can and will remember that you are you. In that case, as a Premium Member, you will get ZERO advertising.

But if you have your browser set to block persistent cookies, or set to delete them on exit, or you delete them manually, or for any reason you don't have a current one for Nexus to find and read when you visit the site(s), then until you are logged-in you are treated as a "Guest" and get the adverts.

Since I do allow Nexus to set its cookies, I essentially NEVER see any of this annoying material at all except when I flush my cache and delete my cookies on purpose, (usually to resolve an issue on another site somewhere.)

Buddah

If you allow Nexus to "set a persistent cookie" on your machine, then it can and will remember that you are you. In that case, as a Premium Member, you will get ZERO advertising.

But if you have your browser set to block persistent cookies, or set to delete them on exit, or you delete them manually, or for any reason you don't have a current one for Nexus to find and read when you visit the site(s), then until you are logged-in you are treated as a "Guest" and get the adverts.

Since I do allow Nexus to set its cookies, I essentially NEVER see any of this annoying material at all except when I flush my cache and delete my cookies on purpose, (usually to resolve an issue on another site somewhere.)

Ok thank you that was the one answer i needed and yes my cookies were set to delete on exit.

once again thanks for the answer.