what small things do you want changed?

badnerd1992

I hope the new engine comes with all new detection, It's impossible to play as stealth assassins when you have to drop your enemy in one hit or duke it out with them when they pinpoint your location in that dark crevice after the first shot.

Do something with bodies upon cell respawns, and maybe dragging bodies to conceal crimes. If I slaughter people out in the woods, there'd better be bones there for a while. When all the towns guards chase me to my basement, and they all die, I don't want them to just randomly disappear, or sit there indefinitely, maybe turn to skeletons?

Something with bounties, like if I'm wanted in one town, maybe that spreads around to other towns after a week or so, unless I'm very heinous.Some lesser things, like shoplifting or brawling shouldn't transfer at all.

Different dungeon interiors, Seriously, looking in the construction set just reaffirms this, more than 2 or 3 "Caveentrance" or "Caveslope".Even different colors or vibes would solve like 90% of this problem.

Every faction should be somewhat joinable, what if I just wanna be a bandit or necromancer while the world falls apart.

This. I second these opinions. Corpses actually rotting would be awesome. They probably already have skeleton meshes, so why not?

And definitely a lot of work should go into stealth - it's a huge part of fun and exciting gameplay for me!

Given the climate of the game's location, it could be years, decades or even longer before dead bodies decayed. Even then, a bleached bone white skeleton would be extremely unlikely.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the new engine comes with all new detection, It's impossible to play as stealth assassins when you have to drop your enemy in one hit or duke it out with them when they pinpoint your location in that dark crevice after the first shot.

Do something with bodies upon cell respawns, and maybe dragging bodies to conceal crimes. If I slaughter people out in the woods, there'd better be bones there for a while. When all the towns guards chase me to my basement, and they all die, I don't want them to just randomly disappear, or sit there indefinitely, maybe turn to skeletons?

Something with bounties, like if I'm wanted in one town, maybe that spreads around to other towns after a week or so, unless I'm very heinous.Some lesser things, like shoplifting or brawling shouldn't transfer at all.

Different dungeon interiors, Seriously, looking in the construction set just reaffirms this, more than 2 or 3 "Caveentrance" or "Caveslope".Even different colors or vibes would solve like 90% of this problem.

Every faction should be somewhat joinable, what if I just wanna be a bandit or necromancer while the world falls apart.

This. I second these opinions. Corpses actually rotting would be awesome. They probably already have skeleton meshes, so why not?

And definitely a lot of work should go into stealth - it's a huge part of fun and exciting gameplay for me!

Given the climate of the game's location, it could be years, decades or even longer before dead bodies decayed. Even then, a bleached bone white skeleton would be extremely unlikely.

You forget scavengers, good sir. In these harsh climates predatory animals are not above consuming human and animal remains. Very rarely are well preserved bodies found in the woods around here.And though the cold plays a vital part in human preservation, you'd be hard pressed to find a location, frozen year round with "Large cities" and "Farming",so you didn't take into account the summer thaw. Your preserved bodies would be rare sight, only possible on mountaintops and iceflows, buried in snow and ice soon after death. Remember, even though the permafrost never melts on the tundras, there is a summer thaw.

You forget scavengers, good sir. In these harsh climates predatory animals are not above consuming human and animal remains. Very rarely are well preserved bodies found in the woods around here.And though the cold plays a vital part in human preservation, you'd be hard pressed to find a location, frozen year round with "Large cities" and "Farming",so you didn't take into account the summer thaw. Your preserved bodies would be rare sight, only possible on mountaintops and iceflows, buried in snow and ice soon after death. Remember, even though the permafrost never melts on the tundras, there is a summer thaw.

In areas such as forgotten buried tombs there isn't likely to be very many large scavangers around to pick clean the bodies. Half the dungeons will probably have undead in them, undead which won't scavenge the bodies but will keep at bay most things that would. Not only that but how do you suppose a scavenger such as a wolf would be able to put your skeleton back together to be recognisable after he ripped your limbs off the torso to keep his share away from the other's in the pack? If anything you would find A bone, A skull or A rib cage scattered on the floor, not an entire skeleton.

If you are killed by ice wraiths in a frozen crypt in a permafrosted valley... who is going to pick clean your bones? Maybe the next adventurer who comes along will get hungry, eat the meat off you, bleach each bone, then carefully place the skeleton back piece by piece to reform your visage and create this nice white skeleton you envision.

Edited by Fatalmasterpiece

In areas such as forgotten buried tombs there isn't likely to be very many large scavangers around to pick clean the bodies. Half the dungeons will probably have undead in them, undead which won't scavenge the bodies but will keep at bay most things that would. Not only that but how do you suppose a scavenger such as a wolf would be able to put your skeleton back together to be recognisable after he ripped your limbs off the torso to keep his share away from the other's in the pack? If anything you would find A bone, A skull or A rib cage scattered on the floor, not an entire skeleton.

If you are killed by ice wraiths in a frozen crypt in a permafrosted valley... who is going to pick clean your bones? Maybe the next adventurer who comes along will get hungry, eat the meat off you, bleach each bone, then carefully place the skeleton back piece by piece to reform your visage and create this nice white skeleton you envision.

Exactly,you've got it! :yes: There wouldn't and shouldn't be a complete skeleton, unless it's walkin around. Also when those die there should be a lot more pieces.When I first wrote that piece I was thinking of the monumental task of getting rid of a human body,how that'd make some assassin quests that require discretion much more real.When I put you in your basement and leave you, a year later there you should still be there, but in a lil' pile.If I dump you in the woods scattered bones and some items should be the final outcome of scavengers and the elements.Decay should be cell specific.Also, maybe the scavengers'll come after all those yummy meaty undead in the crypts are killed, by me. Also I like your idea of intact :thumbsup: adventurers in the crypts, they could be like little mini treasures, provided they haven't joined their killers as zombies, then they'd be mini-bosses.

I think you have a great start on your first mod. Start learning blender and you'll be a pro by November.

Nah, my first mod'll be making dragons into airplanes.Gotta have me mah airplanes. Or skis, as I've mantioned, my first character will be a snow pirate :pirate: , so skis'll help with speedy getaways.