what small things do you want changed?

badnerd1992

As someone who has played and loved both the Fable series and TES series I've always been curious what a new elder scrolls game would be like if you were able to actually interact, befriend, and possibly romance and later marry an NPC. I've always found that buying a house was just a big waste of money (at least to me). I buy them but never use them cause 1) I love to adventure in the game so I don't spend time in towns unless there was a purpose to be in that town (quests, sell/buy equipment/spells). and 2) I never carry more than I need to and I never have an item that I absolutely need to hold onto so I don't exactly have stuff I need to keep in storage. Now if there were a friendship and romance system with NPCs then I could see having a house. If I had friends in towns I'd see them and the house would be useful to raise a family in and have a child of your own. Edited by mukumukuu

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd really like to see the "vwd" mod thing be standard. Vanilla was irritating in the way you'd be walking along and then a stutter... presto, a fort just appeared outta nowhere 30 yards ahead of you. Discovering VWD mods made Oblivion 100% better for me. I hope Skyrim has this functionality right out of the box.

Sounds like a hardware issue to me. I always saw building from fairly far away without any kind of stutter or mod helping out.

WAY more voice actors.Seriously, not just 1 or 2 per race, they don't need to be actors, just take people off the streets to do it, or even put some in by yourselves, have the staff do it .I'm tired of the eolquent peasants, blatant repitition of conversation by the same guy(but different NPC). Add some random faces too, tired of people looking the same, even if you have to randomize, I'd rather have some wierd lookin' peasants than the status quo. Maybe also just random nameless city dwellers, make the cities look like cities instead of just walled towns of 20-50 people.Add a little medieval urban sprawl. Crowds in the market, at commute times. Even at high noon Oblivion cities are kinda like ghost towns, save the scheduled commuter or, meh, guards. I hope the new engine comes with all new detection, It's impossible to play as stealth assassins when you have to drop your enemy in one hit or duke it out with them when they pinpoint your location in that dark crevice after the first shot. Some kinda custimization options when it comes to houses, like what if I want that satanicy necronomicon basement in my winter home, not Anvil. Maybe make some contractors for expanding/renovating, if you can't build up anymore, dig down, make lairs possible through hard work and lots of $, not buyable DLCs. Allow player to designate a place in the world as his hideout, when I first played, I dumped all my loot in a hard to access abandoned fort tower, and a week later when all my things were gone I was like WTF. Do something with bodies upon cell respawns, and maybe dragging bodies to conceal crimes. If I slaughter people out in the woods, there'd better be bones there for a while. When all the towns guards chase me to my basement, and they all die, I don't want them to just randomly disappear, or sit there indefinitely, maybe turn to skeletons?Add some real treasure, like bars of precious metals(gold, silver, maybe Iron n' copper), DUBLOONS, more diverse jewelry and trinkets, and more diverse jewels. I wanna emerald as big as my hand for my crown(maybe if I can't do it myself, some kinda jewel crafters I can contract).look to Oscuro for some suggestions. As others have said, scaling and leveling, it should all be configurable in some kinda menu, some just want a casual game, but some megalomaniacs(me included) out there want to eventually be god, if I worked my way to level 30 I want to twist the world to my every whim, and if anyone stands in my way, they'd better be godly too, not just the local guards who've leveled with me, or the crazyass magical superbeasts that now roam every inch of the wild just because I'm so powerful.Something with bounties, like if I'm wanted in one town, maybe that spreads around to other towns after a week or so, unless I'm very heinous.Some lesser things, like shoplifting or brawling shouldn't transfer at all. Different dungeon interiors, Seriously, looking in the construction set just reaffirms this, more than 2 or 3 "Caveentrance" or "Caveslope".Even different colors or vibes would solve like 90% of this problem. Upon clearing out caves or ruins, maybe live there? Cave entrances aren't all just the same door? Actual functioning mines to own or mess with, make them pay for protection or invest in them. Since Skyrim is cold, this is less of a problem, but when I just sorta leave my meat and fruit lying around it stays fresh? What if I want to eat rotten meat and moldy bread? Cool and surreal at first, but without question its one of the easiest things to change.If I'm a powerful mage, I shouldn't need a fancy altar that takes all my money if I want to enchant or make spells, this should be based on skill. Every faction should be somewhat joinable, what if I just wanna be a bandit or necromancer while the world falls apart. Which brings me to my final point, non linear main quest. If the fate of the world is in my hands, I should be able to accidently drop it along the way with a bad decision, or , if I'm feeling evil, just crush it with my powerful little fingers. Different endings, not all good. If I F-up bad enough it should destroy the world, and if I excel, the opposite of world destruction. This is the extremely condensed version of all the things I want from Skyrim, kind of a wishlist.If you toughed it out and read the whole thing, congratulations, now you should say something about it.

As someone who has played and loved both the Fable series and TES series I've always been curious what a new elder scrolls game would be like if you were able to actually interact, befriend, and possibly romance and later marry an NPC. I've always found that buying a house was just a big waste of money (at least to me). I buy them but never use them cause 1) I love to adventure in the game so I don't spend time in towns unless there was a purpose to be in that town (quests, sell/buy equipment/spells). and 2) I never carry more than I need to and I never have an item that I absolutely need to hold onto so I don't exactly have stuff I need to keep in storage. Now if there were a friendship and romance system with NPCs then I could see having a house. If I had friends in towns I'd see them and the house would be useful to raise a family in and have a child of your own.

Exactly. I've squandered much of my money buying lots in cities just to see what they look like, but after that, I hardly even went in again. Relationships' are what ties you to one place. Romance and fiendship would be nice. :thumbsup:

WAY more voice actors.Seriously, not just 1 or 2 per race, they don't need to be actors, just take people off the streets to do it, or even put some in by yourselves, have the staff do it .I'm tired of the eolquent peasants, blatant repitition of conversation by the same guy(but different NPC). Add some random faces too, tired of people looking the same, even if you have to randomize, I'd rather have some wierd lookin' peasants than the status quo. Maybe also just random nameless city dwellers, make the cities look like cities instead of just walled towns of 20-50 people.Add a little medieval urban sprawl. Crowds in the market, at commute times. Even at high noon Oblivion cities are kinda like ghost towns, save the scheduled commuter or, meh, guards. I hope the new engine comes with all new detection, It's impossible to play as stealth assassins when you have to drop your enemy in one hit or duke it out with them when they pinpoint your location in that dark crevice after the first shot. Some kinda custimization options when it comes to houses, like what if I want that satanicy necronomicon basement in my winter home, not Anvil. Maybe make some contractors for expanding/renovating, if you can't build up anymore, dig down, make lairs possible through hard work and lots of $, not buyable DLCs. Allow player to designate a place in the world as his hideout, when I first played, I dumped all my loot in a hard to access abandoned fort tower, and a week later when all my things were gone I was like WTF. Do something with bodies upon cell respawns, and maybe dragging bodies to conceal crimes. If I slaughter people out in the woods, there'd better be bones there for a while. When all the towns guards chase me to my basement, and they all die, I don't want them to just randomly disappear, or sit there indefinitely, maybe turn to skeletons?Add some real treasure, like bars of precious metals(gold, silver, maybe Iron n' copper), DUBLOONS, more diverse jewelry and trinkets, and more diverse jewels. I wanna emerald as big as my hand for my crown(maybe if I can't do it myself, some kinda jewel crafters I can contract).look to Oscuro for some suggestions. As others have said, scaling and leveling, it should all be configurable in some kinda menu, some just want a casual game, but some megalomaniacs(me included) out there want to eventually be god, if I worked my way to level 30 I want to twist the world to my every whim, and if anyone stands in my way, they'd better be godly too, not just the local guards who've leveled with me, or the crazyass magical superbeasts that now roam every inch of the wild just because I'm so powerful.Something with bounties, like if I'm wanted in one town, maybe that spreads around to other towns after a week or so, unless I'm very heinous.Some lesser things, like shoplifting or brawling shouldn't transfer at all. Different dungeon interiors, Seriously, looking in the construction set just reaffirms this, more than 2 or 3 "Caveentrance" or "Caveslope".Even different colors or vibes would solve like 90% of this problem. Upon clearing out caves or ruins, maybe live there? Cave entrances aren't all just the same door? Actual functioning mines to own or mess with, make them pay for protection or invest in them. Since Skyrim is cold, this is less of a problem, but when I just sorta leave my meat and fruit lying around it stays fresh? What if I want to eat rotten meat and moldy bread? Cool and surreal at first, but without question its one of the easiest things to change.If I'm a powerful mage, I shouldn't need a fancy altar that takes all my money if I want to enchant or make spells, this should be based on skill. Every faction should be somewhat joinable, what if I just wanna be a bandit or necromancer while the world falls apart. Which brings me to my final point, non linear main quest. If the fate of the world is in my hands, I should be able to accidently drop it along the way with a bad decision, or , if I'm feeling evil, just crush it with my powerful little fingers. Different endings, not all good. If I F-up bad enough it should destroy the world, and if I excel, the opposite of world destruction. This is the extremely condensed version of all the things I want from Skyrim, kind of a wishlist.If you toughed it out and read the whole thing, congratulations, now you should say something about it.

I second thee oh magical man of ideas :D

A better crime system.

I cant even tell you how much I am wishing for this, I mean no more every guard knowing about you killing that farmer in the other end of the world..Or atleast have a good reason for it, Couriers for example, (Only for a crime that actually warrants a warranty, not a petty theft or anything) I think it would be interesting if you were able to hide outside the city and attack the courier to disrupt the delivering of the news of your crimes to other cities, or something similar, but it would have to be something that makes sense...

More variation in the items in the game. The mundane items, that is. And also where you can cause affects to the mundane items, like you can break objects, burn them, etc.

Indeed, and also a reason, (apart from getting some pocket money), for the player to own these things, I dont need a cup to drink a bottle of wine, so why should I own a cup, apart from just sitting in my house doing nothing?

another thing, if i steal something in one town, all the merchants in the entire world shouldnt magically know its stolen. i realise it gave fences a point, but who cares about fences?

I totally agree with you, and let me say that I liked the fence idea, but the idea of every cup in the world having some kind of a magic alarm system is very silly and absurd, sure the more wealthy NPCs could have i.e their coat of arms or a crest or some other kind of a mark to show whose that super expensive diamond ring is. But I highly doubt that our good old neighborhood beggar Festus has money to mark his fork..

The thing that i always wanted in Oblivion and Fallout is CLOTH PHYSICS!

Why? Because it adds a VERY BIG touch of realism and immersion for a very small price. Look at Assassins Creed 2, The thing that the cape has physics is so realistic and adds lots of immersion, that i get lost in just sprinting on the roofs and looking at my cape following me in

a fashioned and realistic way.

Take that and throw in some hair physics too!

I love both of these ideas. It would really add to my sense of immersion if I could see my clothes and hair move according to how the wind is blowing, especially since Skyrim is supposed to be atleast partially a mountanous region, and as we all know standing atop a mountain, gazing down on the land is something a hero has to do atleast once..

id like the possibility to have a pet, i know you could get a skinned hound in shivering isles and i know TES is not fall out....but having some kind of pet or familiar without the constant summoning would be nice.

I've always found it a bit strange how in a world that is lurking with dangers and monsters there is no possibility of traveling in a group, (apart from many great and wonderful mods), which should be more like common sense, Safety in numbers, anyone?

And about pets, it would seem quite prudent to me to have a dog guard my manor or a shephard could have it guard his sheep, meaning that training a dog to be your battle companion should be something possible aswell..

Return to a colored map would be appreciated.

Yes, it would be useful to be able to tell between a field and a forest..

Window portals. Actually being able to see through windows between cells. And see NPCs through windows.

Again.. Immersion, immersion, immersion, immersion, immersion..

Quests not to be constantly broken by poor chicken and egg logic, resulting in having to use the console to fix said quest and thus completely destroying whatever immersion you had. :wallbash:

"We need you to kill these bad guys over here"

"I already killed them like a week ago"

"Oh... well then I am going to just stand here because you broke the quest and now the game doesn't know what to do"

opens up console...