Request: .45 M3 "Grease Gun"

Vega13

I've been thinking ever since I started playing this game that the WWII era M3 submachinegun is a perfect fit for a post-apoc world. Unfortunately, I have pretty much no skill with meshes and textures =D So, well, I was hoping someone else might be inspired to do it. This is for people who want post-apoc realism, not prettied up stuff, but I know you're out there.

For those not familiar, the M3 was an ugly piece of junk, stripped down and cheap, but ultimately based on the more popular and famous Thompson "Tommy Gun" submachinegun. I just can imagine someone with even basic gunsmith skills could probably cobble something like this together with spare parts even in the post-apoc world of Fallout. It was called the grease gun for a reason... all metal parts, and cheap construction:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/89/M3-SMG.jpg/800px-M3-SMG.jpg

I haven't seen a M3 grease gun in years. They were probably the most inaccurate weapon used by the allied forces. No selective fire, just full auto. The safety is the ejection door (close the door and it doesn't fire.) It was so cheap to make it wasn't considered economical to repair and they were supposed to just throw it away if it broke.

It did throw a lot of big low velocity .45 slugs out in a hurry, you just had no idea where they were going. :thumbsup:

Fired one once - it climbed up and to the left. We were told to try to keep it down to 3 round bursts because the forth round would be in the sky.

It is not based on the Thompson as it uses a different operating system entirely. The original cost of the M3 was a whopping US $28. So it was probably the cheapest weapon issued to allied forces also.

Yes, you're right, I mis-spoke, it was made as a cheap alternative to the very expensive Thompson, but that's not the point ;)

Point is, I think a piece of junk like the M3 would be great in the world of Fallout 3 =D specifically because it's so cheaply constructed. If someone with some skill at meshing and texturing could do this, I'd really appreciate it :)