Lag problem! Different than most.

I have an alienware laptop with a dual core intel extreme 9000 cpu 2.80 GHz. Nvidia 8800m gtx graphics card. 4 gigs of ram with windows vista 32 bit op system. It default set my conditions to high graphics setting on the games opening. It runs well for a bit then randomly lags or stutters for maby a few mins. It never freezes just frameskips out the end. Usually after just a bit, it runs smoothly for a few and then repeats process. I have tried the Stutter fix in the NVSE mod, to no avail. Maby its my graphics card temp, because it seems to be running in the 80s celcius in game. i dont know im stumped. I really dont want to get a new rig just to play this game well lol. The lag bursts are just way to annoyng...If anyone has a clue as to how to fix it, if i can, it would be amazing. I have also tried turning off AA, and AF. Didnt do anything lol. I'f it would help, I can post my dxdiag later on today.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an alienware laptop with a dual core intel extreme 9000 cpu 2.80 GHz. Nvidia 8800m gtx graphics card. 4 gigs of ram with windows vista 32 bit op system. It default set my conditions to high graphics setting on the games opening. It runs well for a bit then randomly lags or stutters for maby a few mins. It never freezes just frameskips out the end. Usually after just a bit, it runs smoothly for a few and then repeats process. I have tried the Stutter fix in the NVSE mod, to no avail. Maby its my graphics card temp, because it seems to be running in the 80s celcius in game. i dont know im stumped. I really dont want to get a new rig just to play this game well lol. The lag bursts are just way to annoyng...If anyone has a clue as to how to fix it, if i can, it would be amazing. I have also tried turning off AA, and AF. Didnt do anything lol. I'f it would help, I can post my dxdiag later on today.

I get same problem, also when I open a door sometimes. And about the lagging inside building and stuff I sometime get lag from radio it lag hardcore till i turn radio off. i dont know why

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I get a similar issue since I upgraded my graphics card from a Nvidia 8800GT to a Radeon HD 5700. My game runs fine for a bit, then out of the blue, starts lagging like crazy. I haven't waited longer than 2 mins to see if the lag would disappear but whenever I quit the game, my CPU is at 100% and my computer keeps on lagging for a bit.

I have tried a whole bunch of things to sort out the problem and nothing seems to work. I have:

- Reinstalled the game with no mods, no updates - it still does the same thing from a clean install

- Reinstalled my graphics card drivers - still doesn't help

- Installed the AMD 10.10e Hotfix which apparently fixes FNV antialiasing issues - still no results

- Have added the d3d9.dll file and tried - nothing

- Have decreased the graphic settings from Ultra High to High - doesn't help

- Did a stress test of my CPU and Graphic Card on max settings with OCCT for an 1h each - all my hardware is perfect, doesn't overheat

I'm currently running an AMD processor Athlon x2 6000+, got 4GB of ram, Windows 7 Ultimate and the Radeon HD 5700. The game use to run perfectly on High with my 8800GT but now with a better graphics card I get this really annoying lag. The problem with this lag is that it comes up after 10-20 min of gameplay makes it impossible to keep on playing. Just to give you an idea, I have to press the Esc key like 3-4 times to get the game to respond. The game doesn't crash, it just becomes extremely slow for no reason. The only way I can keep on playing is by quitting the game and restarting it again, which is far from convenient and completely kills my gaming experience.

The only other thing that may be a source of the problem is my power supply which is a 400W but has the 6 pin required to use high end graphics card. Other than a lack of power to the processor or graphics card I have no idea what the problem could be.

If anyone has suggestions on how to fix this, please let me know. Otherwise, hope that my long post (sorry about that) helps someone.

I say this again and again, so I'm just going to copy and paste it. The problems are possibly caused by all the mods you are running, since you are posting on a modding forum. It's worthwhile to learn the proper ways to optimize your load order, create merged patches, master update etc and avoid crashes caused by mod conflicts.

This sounds especially like a problem with loading textures or mesh files modified or added to the game.

Laptops are notorious for having heat problems. I recommend getting a cooling pad with fans to set it on, or placing it on several dvd cases and having a fan blow on it to help move the air. Under no circumstances should a laptop be actually used on your lap... one of the most misleading marketing ploys ever.

It's not always the game folks. Try de-activating your virus protection or other security programs running in the background. Note what time the lag starts, not how long you've played the game, but what time. Then check scedualed programs against this. My AV was giving me fits.

NOTE: AV-FREE is noted for doing weird things at weird times eating up processor resources. Others may do this also.

I have this same rough problem

I have had it before running without mods, with only a few mods, and with all my mods, not a single difference. I have yet to figure out why this might be. My system is easily capable of running this game on high and i've tried running it on lower settings and that makes no difference.