CTD When Camera Enters Water

dynamiKsf

Quick description of the issue: The crash does NOT occur unless the camera itself is about to go underwater. When in first person, the crash occurs the instant I begin to swim. In third person, I can swim/wade through the water without issue as long as I keep the camera out of the water. The instant I lower the camera into the water it crashes. Note, the CTD occurs just before the camera actually would enter the water -- I never actually see what's below the surface.

Let me also point out I'm using Mod Organizer and have attempted to resolve my issue by disabling newly installed mods, testing on three different profiles and in different locations around the map.

Please find my modlist, plugins, etc here - http://modwat.ch/dynamiKsf#/modlist

I installed a handful of new mods tonight. Following the new installs, I began to notice the crashes. Thinking it might help me diagnose my issue, I disabled the newly installed mods. However, the CTD continued to persist even with the mod setup I'd been using over the last several weeks. I went back and tried old saves in different locations to no avail. I also backed up my load order prior to installing the new mods and running LOOT -- I just restored my LO and crashed upon the camera "entering" the water.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

---UPDATE---

Does this development help?

If I disable the ENB, the crash does NOT occur. The camera will go underwater as it should with no issues. However, if I enable the ENB while the camera is already submerged I instantly CTD. Same goes for reactivating the ENB above the water -- I crash right before the camera enters the water.

Deleted the ENB binary, downloaded the new and replaced all of the Serenity ENB files with the originals from the preset download. Still have the issue though... At least I know it's ENB-related?

Edited by dynamiKsf

Just re-read that thread, and it seems like they were freezing when the camera went underwater, which is very similar to your issue. Apparently, they fixed it with a complete Skyrim re-install. See if that won't work for you.

Thanks for the reply. I had a new development in my diagnosing...

If I disable the ENB, the crash does NOT occur. The camera will go underwater as it should with no issues. However, if I enable the ENB while the camera is already submerged I instantly CTD. Same goes for reactivating the ENB above the water -- I crash right before the camera enters the water.
Deleted the ENB binary, downloaded the new and replaced all of the Serenity ENB files with the originals from the preset download. Still have the issue though... At least I know it's ENB-related?

Well, just don't use ENB. I never understood why people use it; the game looks fine without it. Although, I may be somewhat biased since I play on a laptop, and trying to run an ENB causes severe lag, freezing, blue textures, etc...

Suppose that is always an option, but I'd probably reinstall before fully pulling the plug on any ENB :tongue:

Not to mention, I have no idea how this problem arose in the first place, as I've been using the same ENB for months...

I should also say I started a new vanilla (zero mods, not even SKSE) play through to test this. Same result... As long as I have an ENB enabled, the crash will occur when the camera should go underwater.

---ANOTHER UPDATE---

If change EnableUnderwater to "FALSE" the CTD doesn't occur. The moment I reactivate this option I CTD. While I could play with this set to FALSE, I'd really like to know why this issue suddenly popped up.

Edited by dynamiKsf