Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I found a HD screenshot of a small waterfall in the wilderness.

http://www.gamereactor.dk/media/59/elderscrolls5_235967b.jpg

The textures of the plants seem a bit low res (best seen in the lower left corner).

Still, it looks beautiful

Some more information:

I found out that the german magazine says that they removed the athletics skill and the acrobatics skill. (Source: http://www.pcgames.de/The-Elder-Scrolls-5-Skyrim-PC-128680/News/The-Elder-Scrolls-5-Skyrim-Haufenweise-neue-Details-zu-Skills-und-Schauplaetzen-aufgetaucht-810971/ )

The enviroments will mostly be snow covered. (same source)

Aprox 120 dungeons and every one will be unique. (same)

Confirmed places are:

• Solitude

• Markarth

• Dawnstar

• Winter Hold

• Windhelm

• Whiterun

• Riften

• Falkreath

Edited by Iv000

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a really nice wilderness shot. The vanilla game is already looking something like Unique Landscapes for Oblivion, and it would have to at the very least, wouldn't it? This is something I was thinking about with that really attractive barmaid's face. If the mod community sets a standard, then Bethesda are obliged to come up with something even better than that. Otherwise there would be a lot of fallout blowing their way.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/nuke.gif

And the most impressive fact is that they do it with similar system requirements....

I found a HD screenshot of a small waterfall in the wilderness.

http://www.gamereact...ls5_235967b.jpg

The textures of the plants seem a bit low res (best seen in the lower left corner).

Still, it looks beautiful

Some more information:

I found out that the german magazine says that they removed the athletics skill and the acrobatics skill. (Source: http://www.pcgames.d...etaucht-810971/ )

The enviroments will mostly be snow covered. (same source)

Aprox 120 dungeons and every one will be unique. (same)

Confirmed places are:

• Solitude

• Markarth

• Dawnstar

• Winter Hold

• Windhelm

• Whiterun

• Riften

• Falkreath

About the removal of Athletics seems to be a misunderstanding by the German magazine, but like I said... Seems... It might be gone, which wouldn't really be that bad, as jumping, running and swimming is something everyone does all the time, and is not required to be a skill. (It was quite nice to be able to run faster and jump higher in Ob/Mo though.. :) )

---------

Some new Info from the Italian Scans:

- Weapons can be poisoned.

- Another Creature has been confirmed: Skeevers. These are the local rats, and their tails can be used to create poison for weapons.

- Another Creature has been confirmed: Skeevers. These are the local rats, and their tails can be used to create poison for weapons.

i hope poisons work more like poisons they do in WOW where they last 30mins or 1 hour, i forget i stopped playing that game a year ago. but they shouldn't proc like in WOW, RNG(random number generator) is stupid. but having poison last 1 hour or 30mins would make they more usefully then just a one time use like in oblivion.

The OXM (uk) issue will be out tomorrow, i'll pick it up and see if any more details are given away, along with any screens.

You'd better do that now that you mentioned it. :whistling:

I've also checked some of the local magazines, PCGames and Level, but with no luck. All they have is a little article with Skyrim's release date, nothing more. >:(

Removing acrobatics is a bit strange since skyrim has lot of mountains I expect having to jump to cross a gap in the mountains or something.If by climbing a mountain in skyrim means walk a path all the way up it really doesn´t sound much fun.I hope they make parts where we really need to climb but then again if they addd something like jump grab a ledge and pull the character up they would have mention it as it would be something new.Since it´s long way to the game release maybe they make something like that don´t know.

My Google Chrome translated it as

Wild Herumgehüpfe like in The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion is a thing of the past, as will enhance the mobility (acrobatics and athletics) are not more.

I don't know what to think about it exactly.

Removing acrobatics is a bit strange since skyrim has lot of mountains I expect having to jump to cross a gap in the mountains or something.If by climbing a mountain in skyrim means walk a path all the way up it really doesn´t sound much fun.I hope they make parts where we really need to climb but then again if they addd something like jump grab a ledge and pull the character up they would have mention it as it would be something new.Since it´s long way to the game release maybe they make something like that don´t know.

Well, perhaps those types of actions like jumping and climbing will be determined by agility and strength. It seems like something that would be a natural part of your characters abilities, especially in a terrain like this. I think it would be a given that you'd need them, so maybe they increase passively, rather than putting all of your points into them.

i hope poisons work more like poisons they do in WOW where they last 30mins or 1 hour, i forget i stopped playing that game a year ago. but they shouldn't proc like in WOW, RNG(random number generator) is stupid. but having poison last 1 hour or 30mins would make they more usefully then just a one time use like in oblivion.

Agreed. Since you couldn't effectively quick key poisons, as they were almost all unique, they were incredibly ineffective, unless you liked pausing constantly to reapply them, which is even less realistic.

I think poison should be usefull for a given number of strikes, say 5 or 10, before no longer being applied effectively, requiring more poison be used on the weapon.