Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that was for maces or axes, but I do understand now it was an illustration using those. The bleeding perk can then I guess be put on any and every damage, including magic, right?

I thought that was for maces or axes, but I do understand now it was an illustration using those. The bleeding perk can then I guess be put on any and every damage, including magic, right?

According to Game Informer's article on Skyrim's combat it's the axe perk that causes bleeding damage, the sword perk increases your chance of landing a critical hit.It's also listed under Zaldiir's information post in this topic.

Edited by Corakus

I can already tell we will be needing a "bruiser" or "bone crusher" perk for blunt weapons...something that reduces the recovery rate, affects agility.

Something that has always bugged me are the implementation of the skills. It would be much better if weapons were not thrown into just one category.

Examples:

• a mace with spike can cause blunt-force trauma but also lacerations. Blunt skill but also causes cuts and bleeding.
  • a dagger requiring a blade skill but also can be thrown...requiring another skill of proficiency.
  • a spear requiring a staff (2-handed) skill which can cause cuts (blade skill) or blunt-force damage.
  • a shield that can be used defensively and offensively...maybe even thrown (just thought about Captain America there for a sec)

Basically, I'd hope they eventually split it up a bit more where each weapon has specific damage capabilities as well as possibly requiring multiple skills to properly make use of all it can do.

The addition of learned techniques for specific weapons would be a nice touch...such as learning how to throw a dagger or learning new combos to make mastery of that weapon very difficult but possible. Yes, you can build up a massive collection of weapons and armor but they shouldn't mean you can immediately pick them up and expect to go toe-to-toe with somebody else that has spent their life mastering that particular weapon. That is where the "danger" should come from...those that are skilled with their weapons...not bandits hoping to scare some change out of you or they just happen to have better gear. Factions that spend time training their warriors should be more daunting than a rag-tag band of outlaws.

Well, anyways, I digress. Yes, a bleeding perk will probably be a drain health until healed effect. Would be cool if it left blood trails to visually show the effect.

LHammonds