Skyrim Information

Zaldir

It's said that you can't on the consoles at least, but I do not know for PC.

If it's not available on console then it's probably not available on PC what with all the desire to make PC and consoles equal . . .

But that's what mods are for!

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that if you dual wield two one handed weapons (two swords for instance), you can hit both button to block. (so imposible if you dual wield a spell and a weapon or two spell).

There is a thing that bothers me : it's that we have a lot of information about dual wielding etc... But what if you just equip yourself with one sword (one handed) ? Do you wield it with two hand ? Do you have the choice of wield it in one or both hands ? (do your character change the sword between his hands as an epic swordmaster ?).

I didn't find any information about that, so if you find something tell me.

Thanks

I heard that if you dual wield two one handed weapons (two swords for instance), you can hit both button to block. (so imposible if you dual wield a spell and a weapon or two spell).

There is a thing that bothers me : it's that we have a lot of information about dual wielding etc... But what if you just equip yourself with one sword (one handed) ? Do you wield it with two hand ? Do you have the choice of wield it in one or both hands ? (do your character change the sword between his hands as an epic swordmaster ?).

I didn't find any information about that, so if you find something tell me.

Thanks

As I understand it, you wield a "two hand sword" with two hands, and "one hand swords" with one hand.

you can use either hand to wield a "one hand sword",

one sword in each hand,

or a spell/shield in the other if you like.

it would surprise me if you had the option of using two hands on a "one hand sword" or one hand on a "two hands sword".

So if that's your question, then I doubt it.

if your character changes sword between his hands, it's by your own doing,

I don't think that happens automatically in a fight,

but if it does it would only occur if your other hand isn't already used for holding a spell or shield.

But then again,

I doubt it.

Edited by Opal-Eyed Fan

As I understand it, you wield a "two hand sword" with two hands, and "one hand swords" with one hand.

you can use either hand to wield a "one hand sword",

one sword in each hand,

or a spell/shield in the other if you like.

it would surprise me if you had the option of using two hands on a "one hand sword" or one hand on a "two hands sword".

So if that's your question, then I doubt it.

if your character changes sword between his hands, it's by your own doing,

I don't think that happens automatically in a fight,

but if it does it would only occur if your other hand isn't already used for holding a spell or shield.

But then again,

I doubt it.

Thank you for answer so fast !

But maybe i explained myself bad... (my english is surely a little approximate... sorry for that...). I speak only on the possibility of using two hands on a "one handed sword" (limited to bastard swords and maybe axes, because wield a dagger with two hands is stupid. I don't take in account the possibility of wield "two handed swords" with one hand too, because i think it's ridiculus).

So now that i've explain my viewpoint, i think i should explain that make me think that the possibility will likely be in the game :

It's this screenshot first :

http://images.uesp.net/f/ff/SR-DraugrBattle_wLegal.jpg

that if compared with this : screenshot you can see that the sword in both is the same (one handed), and in the first screenshot it seems (in my opinion) that the dragonborn is using his sword with two hands.

The second is the topic (that i linked in my previous post) in which the poster explain that "you can for instance use a one-handed weapon in both hands to increase damage" in the meaning of "using a one-handed weapon with two hands".

But as it's not confirmed by beteshda yet, I will be careful. And will wait in the hope that's in the game (and confirmed soon :verymad: )

I don't doubt that if it's the case, then it will be posted soon in this subject.

Thank you so much for all the work you have done for collecting all the news on skyrim in this forum.

Edit : I just learn two interesting things :

- If you commit a crime and kill all witnesses you won't be incriminated

- There will be a political complex with different laws for each "country"

source (french review)

Edited by Laurelorn

Using Google Translate, this is what I got:

Legendary role-playing saga started almost twenty years ago, The Elder Scrolls we return at the end of the year with a new episode called The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Announced last December, and remained relatively quiet since then, the next big title developed by Bethesda Softworks to be discovered in a non-playable version unfortunately at a recent exhibition line-up of the publisher. Impressions cold.

Winter is coming

Forget the green plains of Oblivion: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim takes place in Tamriel's far north over two hundred years after the events of the last chapter of the series. While many political and social changes have taken place during this ellipse, the most important is undoubtedly the reappearance of dragons, we will have the opportunity to confront and cross over our adventures. The presence of giant reptiles fire-eaters will be at the center of the frame of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim since our protagonist is quickly discover a link with large creatures that can be exploited to access an ancient power.

Able to decipher the ancient language of dragons, we can actually learn from the "screams" special that will allow us in particular to slow time, to teleport or to repel the enemy. Each of these calls (a score should be available over time) may also be used at three power levels increasing, given that more advanced versions will obviously magnified effects but also a cooldown so much more. As we can not honestly through the world screaming for all our problems, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim we also propose to fight using weapons typical of the fantasy (the ax arc through the stick magic bullet eater) and a wide range of spells.

To use these tools more "classic", it will actually choose independently an element to be placed in the right hand and another in the left hand. It can then transfer to the eternal combination of the shield on one side and the sword in the other, or rather to prepare a good fireball in one hand while it churns a mass of weapons of another, or even downright play Archmage spells by placing two (different or similar) in the hollow of each of our Mimine. Find the combination that suits more to our style of play and / or the various situations encountered in play will obviously be of major importance to avoid ending up impaled on the blade of an enemy.

Throw a dash of ice in the feces of a bandit launched at full load for the slow down before him a taste of our big sword is always impresses. Combine two spells equipped to give birth to a landfill even more powerful magic too. Lovers of archery will also have the opportunity to play the snipers, especially as we were promised that ranged weapons will be particularly powerful in the game (probably because they use our hands and therefore prevent equip something else). Use a spell of rage on an enemy that beats its allies before him stick an arrow in the head is a little class.

Of course, it will activate a minimum to discover and develop our capabilities in combat with a skill system slightly revised for the occasion. While it is always about getting better in a domain using the corresponding capacity (killing people with swords makes for example the best sword fight), we now discover a number of unlockable perks for by skill enrich our methods of combat. A follower of the defense shield could unlock such a good shot to stick as a shield in the teeth of the enemy, lovers axes eventually get a chance to inflict open wounds to the progressive damage on their enemies and shooters elite will be able to slow down the time whenever they encochent an arrow on his bow. Something to give lessons to the enemy crossed the path of glory, although some of them have other priorities than to attack us, like a giant cross during the presentation and simply indifferent to our passing.

The Dragon Reborn

Members of the bestiary will also not alone in having their own agenda as a small detour to a village corner has shown us that the local population lived his life quietly. Merchants, artisans and workers were busy in their respective workshops without necessarily considering our hero as an attraction more exciting than their work. The team has promised us the game in passing that it would be possible to interact with virtually all tools and other workstations of the game, just to earn some money by improvising lumberjack or rotting economy sabotaging the local mill village.

During this walk, our hero ended up hearing about a robbery at a shop nearby that foreshadowed a hunt for bandits necessarily interesting from a financial point of view. The object was stolen from a mysterious dragon claw solid gold of inestimable sentimental value (or almost) for our new employer. Party in the mountains in pursuit of the robbers, were discovered when the weather system dynamics The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with snow that had settled quietly on the surrounding rocks. The attention to detail in the sets also did not stop there, because we could glimpse a few salmon up a river busy during our walk.

Once at the summit, the time had unfortunately to exploration since a blissful big dragon was perched at the entrance to the temple where our target was hiding. Rather fierce, the beast came to rest with a crash on the facies of our hero, who tried as best they could to repel the assault dodging some big jets of flame before taking refuge inside the temple ruins. Courageous but not foolhardy, the snowman. In the dark, damp corridors of the ruin, we discovered the infiltration system of play (organized around a stealth indicator displayed at the top of the screen) but also some puzzles which the developers did not elaborate, unfortunately . After having killed a few bandits and knocked a giant spider, we finally found the thief of the dragon claw hung like a piñata in the fabric of our latest victim.

Not necessarily thrilled at the prospect of being arrested, the bandit took to their heels immediately released, which is not really a great idea when you are chased by a guy with a bow. Finally recovered, the gold dragon claw actually allowed to open an ancient tomb in the ruined temple and find an entry in the language of dragons on the wall. It was an opportunity to recover one of the famous "shouting" out of the game and the surface to finish our battle against the dragon met earlier. Particularly agile, the big lizard did not hesitate to play roller coaster in the air before the ground attack us all claws and balls of fire outside.

Finally vanquished, he could then be "absorbed" by our hero in a scene reminiscent of the famous great quickening of the Highlander franchise, which should also have major consequences but still unknown to our hero. And that was the end of our first journey into the world of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Before leaving the team game, we still learned a few additional information, such as the presence of a system of enchantments for our weapons, the possibility of playing first or third person or the use of streaming for loading areas of the game's budding criminals will be delighted to learn that it is possible to get out of a sticky situation by eliminating all the witnesses present at the scene of our crime and former players of Oblivion rejoice the disappearance of AutoLevel in favor of a scaling system to Fallout 3. Add to that the presence of a real political system taking into account the different laws in each area and the possibility for the player to get his own house and you get a game that looks decidedly rich. See you in November to begin the hunt for dragons.

It's not a great translation, but you get the point.^^

Using Google Translate, this is what I got:

Legendary role-playing saga started almost twenty years ago, The Elder Scrolls we return at the end of the year with a new episode called The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Announced last December, and remained relatively quiet since then, the next big title developed by Bethesda Softworks to be discovered in a non-playable version unfortunately at a recent exhibition line-up of the publisher. Impressions cold.

Winter is coming

Forget the green plains of Oblivion: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim takes place in Tamriel's far north over two hundred years after the events of the last chapter of the series. While many political and social changes have taken place during this ellipse, the most important is undoubtedly the reappearance of dragons, we will have the opportunity to confront and cross over our adventures. The presence of giant reptiles fire-eaters will be at the center of the frame of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim since our protagonist is quickly discover a link with large creatures that can be exploited to access an ancient power.

Able to decipher the ancient language of dragons, we can actually learn from the "screams" special that will allow us in particular to slow time, to teleport or to repel the enemy. Each of these calls (a score should be available over time) may also be used at three power levels increasing, given that more advanced versions will obviously magnified effects but also a cooldown so much more. As we can not honestly through the world screaming for all our problems, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim we also propose to fight using weapons typical of the fantasy (the ax arc through the stick magic bullet eater) and a wide range of spells.

To use these tools more "classic", it will actually choose independently an element to be placed in the right hand and another in the left hand. It can then transfer to the eternal combination of the shield on one side and the sword in the other, or rather to prepare a good fireball in one hand while it churns a mass of weapons of another, or even downright play Archmage spells by placing two (different or similar) in the hollow of each of our Mimine. Find the combination that suits more to our style of play and / or the various situations encountered in play will obviously be of major importance to avoid ending up impaled on the blade of an enemy.

Throw a dash of ice in the feces of a bandit launched at full load for the slow down before him a taste of our big sword is always impresses. Combine two spells equipped to give birth to a landfill even more powerful magic too. Lovers of archery will also have the opportunity to play the snipers, especially as we were promised that ranged weapons will be particularly powerful in the game (probably because they use our hands and therefore prevent equip something else). Use a spell of rage on an enemy that beats its allies before him stick an arrow in the head is a little class.

Of course, it will activate a minimum to discover and develop our capabilities in combat with a skill system slightly revised for the occasion. While it is always about getting better in a domain using the corresponding capacity (killing people with swords makes for example the best sword fight), we now discover a number of unlockable perks for by skill enrich our methods of combat. A follower of the defense shield could unlock such a good shot to stick as a shield in the teeth of the enemy, lovers axes eventually get a chance to inflict open wounds to the progressive damage on their enemies and shooters elite will be able to slow down the time whenever they encochent an arrow on his bow. Something to give lessons to the enemy crossed the path of glory, although some of them have other priorities than to attack us, like a giant cross during the presentation and simply indifferent to our passing.

The Dragon Reborn

Members of the bestiary will also not alone in having their own agenda as a small detour to a village corner has shown us that the local population lived his life quietly. Merchants, artisans and workers were busy in their respective workshops without necessarily considering our hero as an attraction more exciting than their work. The team has promised us the game in passing that it would be possible to interact with virtually all tools and other workstations of the game, just to earn some money by improvising lumberjack or rotting economy sabotaging the local mill village.

During this walk, our hero ended up hearing about a robbery at a shop nearby that foreshadowed a hunt for bandits necessarily interesting from a financial point of view. The object was stolen from a mysterious dragon claw solid gold of inestimable sentimental value (or almost) for our new employer. Party in the mountains in pursuit of the robbers, were discovered when the weather system dynamics The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with snow that had settled quietly on the surrounding rocks. The attention to detail in the sets also did not stop there, because we could glimpse a few salmon up a river busy during our walk.

Once at the summit, the time had unfortunately to exploration since a blissful big dragon was perched at the entrance to the temple where our target was hiding. Rather fierce, the beast came to rest with a crash on the facies of our hero, who tried as best they could to repel the assault dodging some big jets of flame before taking refuge inside the temple ruins. Courageous but not foolhardy, the snowman. In the dark, damp corridors of the ruin, we discovered the infiltration system of play (organized around a stealth indicator displayed at the top of the screen) but also some puzzles which the developers did not elaborate, unfortunately . After having killed a few bandits and knocked a giant spider, we finally found the thief of the dragon claw hung like a piñata in the fabric of our latest victim.

Not necessarily thrilled at the prospect of being arrested, the bandit took to their heels immediately released, which is not really a great idea when you are chased by a guy with a bow. Finally recovered, the gold dragon claw actually allowed to open an ancient tomb in the ruined temple and find an entry in the language of dragons on the wall. It was an opportunity to recover one of the famous "shouting" out of the game and the surface to finish our battle against the dragon met earlier. Particularly agile, the big lizard did not hesitate to play roller coaster in the air before the ground attack us all claws and balls of fire outside.

Finally vanquished, he could then be "absorbed" by our hero in a scene reminiscent of the famous great quickening of the Highlander franchise, which should also have major consequences but still unknown to our hero. And that was the end of our first journey into the world of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Before leaving the team game, we still learned a few additional information, such as the presence of a system of enchantments for our weapons, the possibility of playing first or third person or the use of streaming for loading areas of the game's budding criminals will be delighted to learn that it is possible to get out of a sticky situation by eliminating all the witnesses present at the scene of our crime and former players of Oblivion rejoice the disappearance of AutoLevel in favor of a scaling system to Fallout 3. Add to that the presence of a real political system taking into account the different laws in each area and the possibility for the player to get his own house and you get a game that looks decidedly rich. See you in November to begin the hunt for dragons.

It's not a great translation, but you get the point.^^

Thanks for the translation, i didn't know you knew french. kudos man =) i heard from somewhere u could buy your own property too (land) but i'm not sure if it's accurate

Yes, you can buy a property (Look under Misc Features in the list.), but if this is land or just houses is uncertain.

If, by properties they mean land, that would be awesome, and, well, if they mean houses, it would still be awesome! :P

Sadly they don't mean land but home : "residence" (google translation is awful yeah... But it has an excuse, the site's redactors are used to speak with a realy elaborated language which sounds great in french but is realy hard to translate in english...)

There's the translation :

The legendary role playing saga, started 20 years ago, The Elder Scrolls will come back at the end of the year for a new episode called “TES V : Skyrim”. Announced last December, and remained relatively quiet since then, the next big title developed by Beteshda Softworks showed itself in a (sadly) unplayable version during a recently exhibition by the editor (the demo that todd played last week). First impressions :

Winter is coming :

Forget the TES IV's green lands, Skyrim take place in the Tamriel's far north, more than 2 century after the oblivion's crisis. If by this time a lot of change in both politic and social happened, the most important is without doubt the return of dragons, that we will encounter and fight during our adventures.

The presence of theses gigantic reptiles (who can breath fire) will be in the center the Skyrim's story as our hero will rapidly discover a link with these big creatures that will be exploited to reach an ancestral power.

Able to read the dragon's tongue, we could learn some special shouts that can be use to slow down time, teleport ourselves or for instance push back opponents. Each shout (there will be almost 20 shouts) can be use at 3 different levels of power, the better will have dramatic effects but also a longer cooldown. As we can't travel the world screaming at all our tough, the game will propose us to fight we classical heroïc fantaisy weapons (from axes to bows including staffs that throw projectiles) and a lot of spells.

To use these more “classic” tools, we'll choose independently an element to be placed in the right hand and another in the left hand. We'll be able to choose the eternal sword and shield combo or preferably prepare a nasty fireball in one hand while we swing a war mace in the other, or even play Achmage style by placing two spells (same or different) in each hand (Mimmine = cute hand). Find the best combination which suit our play-style and/or the different situations will obviously be indispensable to avoid ending up impaled on the blade of an enemy.

Throw an ice's spell at full power in the face of a charging bandit to slow him down before offer him a taste of our big sword is always enjoying. As well as combine two spells (equipped) for a more powerful blast. Lovers of archery will also have the opportunity to play the snipers, especially as we were promised that ranged weapons will be particularly powerful in the game (probably because they use our hands and therefore prevent equip something else). Use a rage's spell on one opponent who will kill his friends before you place an arrow in his head is satisfying too.

Obviously, we'll need to train a little to discover and grow our fight capabilities thanks to the new skill system slightly revised for the occasion. The goal is always to become best in one domain by use the corresponding skill ((killing people with swords makes you for example best at sword fight), and we'll now discover a number of perks to unlock for each skill in the goal to upgrade our combat's capabilities. A specialist of shield defense could for instance unlock a shield bash to throw in his opponent's teeth [these guys love wild examples ;)], axes lovers would have a chance to do bleeding damages and archers could slow down time a bit each time they put an arrow in[or on maybe ?] the bow. Something to give lessons to the enemy crossed on the path of glory, although some of them have other priorities than attack us, like a giant crossed during the presentation who was simply indifferent to us.

The Dragon Reborn :

Members of (skyrim's) bestiary ain't the only ones to have their own activities as a small walk through a local town showed us that people lived quietly their own lives. Merchants, artisans and workers were busy in their respective workshops without necessarily considering our hero as an attraction more exciting than their work. Beteshda promise us it would be possible to interact with almost all tools and workstations in the game, to earn some money by improvising us as a lumberjack or rotting the local economy by sabotaging the town's mill.

During this walkthrough, our character ended up by hearing some rumors about a robbery at a local shop that should offer an interesting reward [MOAR SEPTIMS !!! or not what's the money of skyrim ?]. The stolen object was a mysterious golden dragon claw of very great sentimental value (or almost...) for our new employer. Traveling mountains in pursuit of the robber, we discovered the dynamic weather system of Skyrim with snow that settled quietly on surrounding rocks. Beteshda didn't stop the worry of detail here as we glimpsed some salmons climbing the river.

At the top of the mountain, our blissful exploring ended as a big dragon was perched on the temple's entrance where our target was hiding himself. Quite aggressively the creature landed in front on us destroying the ground (not sure... the means is that was spectacular with as I understand it a lot of noise) as our hero tried to pull back the assault by dodging huge fire's blasts. Brave but not reckless he took cover inside the ruined temple. In the ruin's dark and damp corridors, we discovered the infiltration system (organized around a stealth indicator displayed at screen's top) but also some puzzles which unfortunately developers didn't explain much. After slain some bandits and taken down a giant spider, we finally found the thief hung like a piñata in the spider's web.

Not very happy of being arrested, the bandit tried to flee once released, not the best idea when you are hunted by a bowman... Finally retrieved, the dragon's golden claw allowed us to open an ancient tomb in the fallen temple and find an entry written in the dragon tongue on the wall. Which was the opportunity to learn one of the famous “dragon shout” and return at surface to finish our battle against the dragon we met earlier. Particularly agile, the big lizard didn't hesitate to do barrel rolls and other odds [didn't find a great translation here... so I loled to explain the idea] before engaging close combat with his claws and fire balls.

Finally vanquished, he could then be "absorbed" by our hero in a scene that reminded the famous “Quickening” from Highlander franchise and which should have major consequences, but still unknown, on our hero. That was the end of our journey in the universe of TES V Skyrim. But before we leave the game's team we learned some additional informations, such as the presence of a system of enchantments for our weapons, the possibility of playing in first or third person or the use of streaming to load game's areas. Criminal beginners will also be happy to learn that it will be possible to escape a tight situation by killing all witnesses of our crime. Oblivion's gamers will also pleased by the replace of auto-leveling by a scaling system like Fallout 3. Add to that the presence of a real political system taking in account the different laws in each area and the possibility for the player to buy his own residence and you obtain a game that looks very deep. See you in november to begin the dragon hunt.

I didn't translate always the exact sentence but i tried to keep the sense.

Edit :

I found this on IGN :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztopdt6fY-U&NR=1

I'm realy curious about the differents jails system, the powers of the different races and what exactly replace strengh now... Looks realy cool.

PS : I'm not realy new, i follow the site since a long time now (for oblivion's mods first and for skyrim now).

I didn't post so much as i hadn't a reason to (i'm a little stealthy yeah). But i'm please to meet you !

Edited by Laurelorn

Sadly they don't mean land but home : "residence" (google translation is awful yeah... But it has an excuse, the site's redactors are used to speak with a realy elaborated language which sounds great in french but is realy hard to translate in english...)

I have begin the translation (i'm not realy good in english so don't hope so much... But that would be better than google... (I hope :P)).

There's the begining :

The legendary role playing saga, started 20 years ago, The Elder Scrolls will come back at the end of the year for a new episode called “TES V : Skyrim”. Announced last December, and remained relatively quiet since then, the next big title developed by Beteshda Softworks showed itself in a (sadly) unplayable version during a recently exhibition by the editor (the demo that todd played last week). First impressions :

Winter is coming :

Forget the TES IV's green lands, Skyrim take place in the Tamriel's far north, more than 2 century after the oblivion's crisis. If by this time a lot of change in both politic and social happened, the most important is without doubt the return of dragons, that we will encounter and fight during our adventures.

The presence of theses gigantic reptiles (who can breath fire) will be in the center the Skyrim's story as our hero will rapidly discover a link with these big creatures that will be exploited to reach an ancestral power.

Able to read the dragon's tongue, we could learn some special shouts that can be use to slow down time, teleport ourselves or for instance push back opponents. Each shout (there will be almost 20 shouts) can be use at 3 different levels of power, the better will have dramatic effects but also a longer cooldown. As we can't travel the world screaming at all our tough, the game will propose us to fight we classical heroïc fantaisy weapons (from axes to bows including staffs that throw projectiles) and a lot of spells.

To use these more “classic” tools, we'll choose independently an element to be placed in the right hand and another in the left hand. We'll be able to choose the eternal sword and shield combo or preferably prepare a nasty fireball in one hand while we swing a war mace in the other, or even play Achmage style by placing two spells (same or different) in each hand (Mimmine = cute hand). Find the best combination which suit our play-style and/or the different situations will obviously be indispensable to avoid ending up impaled on the blade of an enemy.

Throw an ice's spell at full power in the face of a charging bandit to slow him down before offer him a taste of our big sword is always enjoying. As well as combine two spells (equipped) for a more powerful blast. Lovers of archery will also have the opportunity to play the snipers, especially as we were promised that ranged weapons will be particularly powerful in the game (probably because they use our hands and therefore prevent equip something else). Use a rage's spell on one opponent who will kill his friends before you place an arrow in his head is satisfying too.

Obviously, we'll need to train a little to discover and grow our fight capabilities thanks to the new skill system slightly revised for the occasion. The goal is always to become best in one domain by use the corresponding skill ((killing people with swords makes you for example best at sword fight), and we'll now discover a number of perks to unlock for each skill in the goal to upgrade our combat's capabilities. A specialist of shield defense could for instance unlock a shield bash to throw in his opponent's teeth [these guys love wild examples ;)], axes lovers would have a chance to do bleeding damages and archers could slow down time a bit each time they put an arrow in[or on maybe ?] the bow. Something to give lessons to the enemy crossed on the path of glory, although some of them have other priorities than to attack us, like a giant cross during the presentation who was simply indifferent to us.

I didn't translate always the exact sentence but i tried to keep the sense. (the next part is for tomorrow)

PS : I'm not realy new, i follow the site since a long time now (for oblivion's mods first and for skyrim now).

I didn't post so much as i hadn't a reason to (i'm a little stealthy yeah). But i'm please to meet you !

Thanks for that -- it comes across a lot more clearly. I was worried for a bit when I read "Impressions cold," from the Google translation.