Skyrim Information

Zaldir

If this was a short demonstration of the demo, can't wait to see the 30 minutes that they'll play. Maybe they'll do a quest or two. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/happy.gif

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Fighting a giant*

"Okay, just avoid the hammer, side-step, ready and spell, and -- JESUS CHRIST WTF WAS THAT!!!!!"

Had I not watched that, this would have more than likely been my reaction to the stealth dragon that just hawk'd that giant.

I don't see what you're talking about, I watched the video several times and saw nothing to indicate that the dungeons don't have separate cells.If you're talking about the way it has lighting pouring through and the fact that you can see the sky from inside that doesn't necessarily mean that the dungeons are open.It doesn't make much sense to me to have the dungeons open and not have the cities and houses open as well, from what I gather some of the dungeons are supposed to be large enough to last you at least two hours long.

I am literally quivering I bet I get small adrenalin rushes while I'm playing never been a big magic using fan but something tells me that might change this will be by far the best tes ever IMHO thang for all the info I can't wait to get hOme grime work so can lookout all this stuff on my pc

I don't see what you're talking about, I watched the video several times and saw nothing to indicate that the dungeons don't have separate cells.If you're talking about the way it has lighting pouring through and the fact that you can see the sky from inside that doesn't necessarily mean that the dungeons are open.It doesn't make much sense to me to have the dungeons open and not have the cities and houses open as well, from what I gather some of the dungeons are supposed to be large enough to last you at least two hours long.

The exit to the dungeon indicates that it's open, as you can see the outside through the exit.

Might be auto-loading when you pass through, I don't know, but it just seems like it's open.

The exit to the dungeon indicates that it's open, as you can see the outside through the exit.

Might be auto-loading when you pass through, I don't know, but it just seems like it's open.

Maybe they have an "entrance level" which is open, but you use a door/crack/ladder to enter the larger section of dungeon. I can't imagine the engine will have changed enough to allow for multi-levelled combat. The AI would get confused a lot I think, plus I can imagine there would be a plethora of problems with weather, lighting, acoustics, and creatures above ground spawning in the dungeons and vice versa.

I might be wrong but open world dungeons seem a little too different to morroblivion/fallout/NV, and considering Skyrim has been in the works for a while they're probably working with the same basic building blocks.

Could be wrong of course, who knows?

Edited by kibblesticks

Or rather, you might be able to see outside but you'd still have to press "exit" when you go up there and there would be an invisible wall or something similar.Regardless, I think we should hear it from a dev first before we start expecting all dungeons to be open.