Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/07/e3-2011-fresh-skyrim-screenshots-show-horse-riding-cities/ New screenshots these characters look too good for a Bethesda title. Glad to know I won't have to use some custom race and a boatload of mods to make my character not look like he/she was beaten with an ugly stick.

I think I'm in love with that fifth pic! :D

Yeah, it's about time they fixed the characters up, I went crazy trying to make a decent-looking character, it got so bad I finally just gave up and had him wear a mask all the time.

I have only managed to make 2 decent looking characters with the vanilla races so this is a nice change.

just reading the comments on that link, I don't know how anyone can be unsatisfied with the graphics, it has so much amazing minute details

You never can please everyone, but really, even if they aren't perfect, I'd definitely welcome it as an improvement over all of the Oblivion NPCs and races that looked deformed.

I have only managed to make 2 decent looking characters with the vanilla races so this is a nice change.

No doubt, I played as an Argonian in my first playthrough simply because the other races were so hideous.

just reading the comments on that link, I don't know how anyone can be unsatisfied with the graphics, it has so much amazing minute details

People will complain about any and everything. People think complaining about anything that is popular makes them radical game critics when in reality they are just more annoying teenagers from 4chan that believe everything that isn't some random obscene game no one has ever heard of is mainstream trash. You can't please everyone and there will be people who genuinely do not like Skyrim which is fine but these people who irrationally hate everything with an unbridled passion are getting really irritating.

Edited by NAPALM13092

No doubt, I played as an Argonian in my first playthrough simply because the other races were so hideous.

Yea I always played an Argonian.

The only humanoid race I can get to look decent was an Imperial and that takes like 45mins of tweaking and looking at references of proper human faces and skull structure. The default sliders are disproportionate to normal bone structure and even if you don't realize it your brain subconsciously thinks there is something very wrong with this person and they appear unrealistic and ugly. I watched an art show on it and figured it likely applied to virtual characters in a game not just pencil sketches and paintings.

lol I'm glad i'm not the only one that thought beast races were the better option. Looks like skyrim's characters will look just fine without mods

Yeah well Oblivion's faces looked horrible even with mods :D

The new pics look awesome, and I was surprised by the horse picture. It can stand on it's hind legs! How awesome is that? One thing I noticed in the city picture, though, is that the palace of Ysgramor is at the edge of city, whereas it was supposed to be at the center. I guess that's not a big problem though, and even less worth mentioning :D

As for graphics, I will rather have less polygons and a world that can be freely explored than a strictly controlled pipe. People complaining about the graphics can jump from the top of the High Hrothgar.