Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I think part of it is that the vids came from a long time ago. When were they taken...January, I think? I have no doubt they've worked out some things since then.

Or is this a real demo of the "here and now" Skyrim?

It's the demo which came this weekend from QuakeCon.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game will probably force me to get good grades in school so I won't have to learn in my free time.

Best win/win situation ever!

@hejpading

Youtube it, or google it, you'll surely find it. It's been copied endless times.

Yeah, thx man, found it.

For the demo itself:

The thing is, I don't want to be one of those complainers, it's a beautiful game, but you can see some bugs that really annoy me. For example, when Tod is riding the horse, every time he hits some flat rocks on the ground, you can really see that old Oblivion thing when you try to walk on something which doesn't work. It got choppy as fast as he touched the stones, watch it if anyone have other theories. The other thing is the fact that IMO the melee combat system looks almost exactly like it did in Oblivion. Lastly, sometimes during the gameplay you see that people are walking around and it's just the choppyness Oblivion delivered. I hoped they would remove that. One example is when you enter the first village and there is a woman walking out from her house and she stops choppily outside her house, in front of another villager.

I love the game so far, but these are the things I noticed. People will always compare and rate things, rather unknowingly or knowingly, I just thought I'd share my thoughts. I really don't want to feel like the one who made the 1hr long complaining video.

Cheers.

I'm guessing the animations are still not perfected.

With the new Havok animation system they should get the translation animations right.

As vsions (character artist at BGS) said, it's still in heavy development, that's why the food was weightless, because they didn't decide which values it should have.

I think all of the bugs in the video will be sorted out.

I think part of it is that the vids came from a long time ago. When were they taken...January, I think? I have no doubt they've worked out some things since then.

Or is this a real demo of the "here and now" Skyrim?

It's the demo which came this weekend from QuakeCon.

Oh, OK. I was under the impression they were just showing the same thing over and over at different places. That's what it seemed like for a while.

Oh, OK. I was under the impression they were just showing the same thing over and over at different places. That's what it seemed like for a while.

It was the same demo that was shown at E3.

But Todd actually controlled the character, and the demo was 15 minutes longer and had more content.

It was the same demo that was shown at E3.

But Todd actually controlled the character, and the demo was 15 minutes longer and had more content.

I guess it was an older build

I hope that the bar scene is really well done. By which I mean I don't want to walk in and see three people drinking quietly. After a long day of slaying dragons, I want to be able to walk in a bar filled with drunk people doing crazy stupid things. I want people dancing, fighting (yes, I know), cursing, being emotional, bitching about their wife and kids, showing off their manliness and weapons, arm wrestling. And I want to be able to join in. There should also be like a guy on a piano and just playing crazy music vaudeville style. Or something lol I just want it to be immersive and fun. Last thing I want is for the game to just center on dungeons and dragons.

Australia's biggest retail game store already sold out CE Skyrim for PC and Xbox, seems like if you hadn't already preordered before the announcement and just upgraded, you'd have a lot of trouble getting your hands on it. It seem many can afford the $200

I've got 20 bucks left on my CE, which I'll prolly get payed off tomorrow or the day after. I'm excited to see that hand-to-hand hasn't been removed and that I'll have more hours, definitely, to put into it than Oblivion. I've had Oblivion for about 3 years now (on PC) and still haven't beaten it. There are too many mods that I still haven't tried. Plus, if I beat it, the magic will be over...

Found some new stuff: (At least I think it's new)

http://kotaku.com/5828687/an-hour-with-skyrim-its-amazing

New info found:

"It was inside this block-and-buttress temple that I made a new best

friend. He lived inside a magical staff that when fired would allow him

to come out and eat my enemies' faces clean off. My friend was a spectral, glowing wolf and I loved him—and for 60

seconds at a time, before he popped out of existence in a flash of blue

light, he loved me."

Looks like we'll have a dead dog as companion as well. :)