Skyrim Information

Zaldir

@Bravo-Those are my thoughts on what's been released. All we have is surface info. It's like I used to tell my friends that hadn't played Oblivion, there's a difference between me telling you everything about the game and you experiencing the game. Then I'd tell them to go out and get a copy. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

I'm looking for something to take up the time until the release. I'm looking into Dark Souls today, as I enjoyed Demon's Souls.

Found out that it isn't true open world for Dark Souls. Just everything is connected. Man, they advertised it like it as great all Oblivion like.

I do get mad when Demon's Souls fans say that Skyrim copied Dragons from the game or whatever. One Dragon's have been in TES since the beginning if they do their lore research. Second the dragons look nothing alike. Third to say that a dragon can't be in so and so because its copying is like Elves or something not being in Fantasy. Just saying whatever those fans say they are wrong on each one. I like Demon's Souls and Dark Souls but seriously do they have to start an argument? Sorry for my rambling.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to re-post.

Why do you need to re-post? Just edit this post...I don't see the point.

Found out the Skyrim Strategy Guide will be 592 Pages. Among other stuff too. The side quests are in it but minor because of the Radiant Story. If I remember right it would be 100 or more if the Radiant Story thing didn't happen. Here it is below. The side quest thing isn't full it outlines what you have to do.

"• Complete walkthroughs of every story and side quest help guide you through the deep storyline; there are many choices that affect your game, and we cover them all!

I don't like this. I mean, I'm glad that we have this in case we get stuck on a quest, but the temptation to use it for everything would be too large.

• From the five major cities to the open expanses of wilderness and mountains, you'll never be lost with over 130 fully-labeled maps!

Aren't there in-game maps?

Need to re-post.

Why do you need to re-post? Just edit this post...I don't see the point.

Because of <br> and everything else. When I keep editing the post it gets bad saying <font> <ariel> and more and even if I delete everything it still does it.

• Master the skills to battle dragons, forge the best weapons, and finish off foes with our thorough combat coverage.

I'm sorry but that's just funny: I've never ever seen a strategy guide give tips on such minute things as combat anywhere close to competently (or thoroughly). They're good for maps and pointing out where the cool hidden things are but not in actual discussions of builds and strategy. I remember the Dragon Age: Origins guide recommending Shapeshifter for a DPS-oriented Mage! (For those who don't know, Shapeshifting in DAO is when you play a spellcaster who doesn't cast spells and instead runs up to things and punches them. There's not even the excuse of it being a warrior/mage hybrid because the Arcane Warrior specialization already lets you smack things even better than an actual Warrior can.)

New Interview. <a href="http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/64714/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim/articles/75415/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim-pax-2011-preview-how-best-to-dispose-of-dead-townspeople/" class="bbc_url" title="External link" rel="nofollow external">PAX G4TV interview</a> Huh Checkpoints?

This is what I'm talking bout Nate.

• Master the skills to battle dragons, forge the best weapons, and finish off foes with our thorough combat coverage.

I'm sorry but that's just funny: I've never ever seen a strategy guide give tips on such minute things as combat anywhere close to competently (or thoroughly). They're good for maps and pointing out where the cool hidden things are but not in actual discussions of builds and strategy. I remember the Dragon Age: Origins guide recommending Shapeshifter for a DPS-oriented Mage! (For those who don't know, Shapeshifting in DAO is when you play a spellcaster who doesn't cast spells and instead runs up to things and punches them. There's not even the excuse of it being a warrior/mage hybrid because the Arcane Warrior specialization already lets you smack things even better than an actual Warrior can.)

Actually the NV and FO3 Guide had something very similar. I think basically the same thing.

The guide is about 20 dollars in the US. I bought pretty much everything Skyrim that Gamestop had to offer, they kind of popped the "Do you wanna get the guide also?" question on me when I was vulnerable and I bought it, lol.

@Camonna-I heard that it wasn't seamless, but as long as it's got world spaces as big as they had before, I'm cool with it. I hadn't seen the dragon argument until I checked here a couple of months ago. Sounds to me like a God of War argument. "Well our game has it and your game has something like it, so we're going to act like children and *censored* about it." I don't see it like that at all, they are completely different and I love them both. Dark Souls is only going to be a placeholder till Skyrim anyways, though I do look forward to getting massacred over and over.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

The dude at Gamestop asked me if I had played Demon's Souls, to which I replied all the way through. He jokingly said that I must love punishment and that he got so frustrated with the game that he quit after a week. That kind of frustration is what made me power level high enough to make the final boss look like a joke (and my dude a badass). Didn't let him grab me once.

Back to the guide-I think with a little self restraint, I can play without using it as a guide for quests. I'll definitely skim through it and check out what weapons I have to look forward to, that I can't help.

The guide is about 20 dollars in the US. I bought pretty much everything Skyrim that Gamestop had to offer, they kind of popped the "Do you wanna get the guide also?" question on me when I was vulnerable and I bought it, lol.

@Camonna-I heard that it wasn't seamless, but as long as it's got world spaces as big as they had before, I'm cool with it. I hadn't seen the dragon argument until I checked here a couple of months ago. Sounds to me like a God of War argument. "Well our game has it and your game has something like it, so we're going to act like children and *censored* about it." I don't see it like that at all, they are completely different and I love them both. Dark Souls is only going to be a placeholder till Skyrim anyways, though I do look forward to getting massacred over and over.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

The dude at Gamestop asked me if I had played Demon's Souls, to which I replied all the way through. He jokingly said that I must love punishment and that he got so frustrated with the game that he quit after a week. That kind of frustration is what made me power level high enough to make the final boss look like a joke (and my dude a badass). Didn't let him grab me once.

Back to the guide-I think with a little self restraint, I can play without using it as a guide for quests. I'll definitely skim through it and check out what weapons I have to look forward to, that I can't help.

I loved Demon's Souls. Only thing that got me mad was it took me 3x longer than Oblivion to make a good looking character.