Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Hey guys, not sure if anyone's already posted it, but you CAN play as a vampire, and it's very similar to Oblivion's system.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/55161/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim-gameplay-preview-and-vampire-reveal/

This sentence "and it's very similar to Oblivion's system" destroyed my hope...is it going to be that sucky again ? :unsure:

Not enough info yet .. All we know is that sun burns and drinking blood replenishes you... hopefully the perks are better

Actually the sun might not even burn. He didn't say anything about that, did he? I might have missed it, but I doubt it.

Hopefully it will just weaken you enough to be weaker than what you would be non-vampire. But when not in sun, you would obviously be stronger. And the more vampire you are, the weaker/stronger you get.

Edited by Nysba

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, not sure if anyone's already posted it, but you CAN play as a vampire, and it's very similar to Oblivion's system.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/55161/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim-gameplay-preview-and-vampire-reveal/

This sentence "and it's very similar to Oblivion's system" destroyed my hope...is it going to be that sucky again ? :unsure:

Not enough info yet .. All we know is that sun burns and drinking blood replenishes you... hopefully the perks are better

Actually the sun might not even burn. He didn't say anything about that, did he? I might have missed it, but I doubt it.

Hopefully it will just weaken you enough to be weaker than what you would be non-vampire. But when not in sun, it would obviously make you stronger. And the more vampire you are, the weaker/stronger you get.

There are different levels of vampirism and the sun will effect you .. I guess that doesnt mean "burn" you but I highly doubt it helps you .. maybe you sparkle? :P .. then he said feeding on people while they sleep controls vampirism .. (maybe keeping a blood meter up will allow you to be in daylight without negitive effects?) thats just a guess

When Todd was stating how the vampire system worked in Skyrim, it sounded like in Oblivion. Here's how it worked:

Level one vampirism had it where hte sun only weakened you. You had to feed once every 24 hours to keep such a low level.

Level two of vampirism had some improvements in skills/attributes and you looked more pale and withered. The sun did some damage while outside during daylight hours. Not feeding for 24 hours caused level two vampirism.

Level three of vampirism had further improvements in skills/attributes, you looked even more pale and vampiric, and the sun did a good deal of damage to you. This happened from not feeding for 48 hours.

Finally, level four vampirism had a great improvement in skills/attributes and made you look like an ugly bastard. NPCs reacted to your appearance and some people didn't even want to talk to you. This is from not feeding for 3 days, and the sun is your worst enemy. I remember my red argonian looking like a steaming tomato from the sun's shader effect. Firetruck red. It was pretty funny :P

So when todd says feeding "controls" your vampirism, he probably means in the sense of levels. Feeding on NPCs while asleep was also in Oblivion.

Edited by Guest

When Todd was stating how the vampire system worked in Skyrim, it sounded like in Oblivion. Here's how it worked:

Level one vampirism had it where hte sun only weakened you. You had to feed once every 24 hours to keep such a low level.

Level two of vampirism had some improvements in skills/attributes and you looked more pale and withered. The sun did some damage while outside during daylight hours. Not feeding for 24 hours caused level two vampirism.

Level three of vampirism had further improvements in skills/attributes, you looked even more pale and vampiric, and the sun did a good deal of damage to you. This happened from not feeding for 48 hours.

Finally, level four vampirism had a great improvement in skills/attributes and made you look like an ugly bastard. NPCs reacted to your appearance and some people didn't even want to talk to you. This is from not feeding for 3 days, and the sun is your worst enemy. I remember my red argonian looking like a steaming tomato from the sun's shader effect. Firetruck red. It was pretty funny :P

So when todd says feeding "controls" your vampirism, he probably means in the sense of levels. Feeding on NPCs while asleep was also in Oblivion.

He really didn't go into enough detail to say for sure what he meant .. totally not ready to say its just like oblivion .. but judging by how they have handled oblivion's complaints I highly doubt they wouldn't fix vampires .. I mean .. aside from leveling I think vampirism was one of the biggest fan complaints... some things may be the same but I'm gonna assume they will give you better advantages for being on.

He really didn't go into enough detail to say for sure what he meant .. totally not ready to say its just like oblivion .. but judging by how they have handled oblivion's complaints I highly doubt they wouldn't fix vampires .. I mean .. aside from leveling I think vampirism was one of the biggest fan complaints... some things may be the same but I'm gonna assume they will give you better advantages for being on.

Hopefully, and it certainly does bring up my hopes that the gameplay mechanics won't be entirely comprised of attribute bonuses. I simply cheated my way through them after my first time completing the main quest, so some dialogue options or interesting powers would be nice. I just don't really look at sun damage as worth getting a bonus to my blade skill.

I never liked being a vampire since I could only work at night. So how did you guys that did or want to play as a vampire actually function as a vampire? What do you do if you wanted to dungeon dive but that certain dungeon is in the middle of nowhere? You leave the nearest city at nightfall, travel to the dungeon, fight, and by the time you're done it's daytime. Then what? Do you just wait in the dungeon until nightfall?

I never liked being a vampire since I could only work at night. So how did you guys that did or want to play as a vampire actually function as a vampire? What do you do if you wanted to dungeon dive but that certain dungeon is in the middle of nowhere? You leave the nearest city at nightfall, travel to the dungeon, fight, and by the time you're done it's daytime. Then what? Do you just wait in the dungeon until nightfall?

You could, or you could use a no sunlight damage mod.

I didn't become a vampire until I got Terran Vampires and don't plan on re-establishing my vampirism until Terran Vampires is revived.

T. Vampires was the only vampire mod that made it interesting to be a vampire.

Hopefully, and it certainly does bring up my hopes that the gameplay mechanics won't be entirely comprised of attribute bonuses. I simply cheated my way through them after my first time completing the main quest, so some dialogue options or interesting powers would be nice. I just don't really look at sun damage as worth getting a bonus to my blade skill.

Exactly, i really hope this time its not only the stat bonuses but interesting powers or i go smash walls :wallbash: ..but then again since there is a hint werewofls could be there as dlc...they cant make them sucky... that would be against all godly and and ungodly things :mad: