Skyrim Information

Zaldir

and
look awesome graphically wise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G9anRoYGko&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In74siITIAw

These are for if you want to watch it here. The links are the link as you know.

Not getting off topic just saying I hope Fallout 4 or TES VI will have graphics like this.

Nintendo isn't saying what the tech can do but they have said it is not better than the consoles out there .. just on par .. and as far as those videos :D I ran those benchmarks and got 12fps lmao .. those are insane! .. I hope the next gen consoles can do that but I doubt it .. to put them at a 400 dollar price at launch they would be equal to a GT460 .. which is better than mine but not good enough to run those demo with enemy AI and explostions going off too.. but still a hell of a lot better than anything out today ^_^ .. not that I plan to buy a next gen system .. but the consoles control PC graphics too .. Skyrim is a good example of that .. you may have an amasing PC but the chances are skyrim will render no better than the consoles because the consoles are holding PCs back .. yea yea .. higher res textures and better shadows .. but dont expect SSS on the characters or SSAO on the world .. sheesh .. I can't wait for DX11 tessalation to start being used by LOD systems like it is meant to be .. but they havn't done that because it need to work on the consoles... btw thats the main reason those videos look so good .. tesselation built into the LOD :D oh yea~

Bang goes my hopes of Skyrim tennis..............

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wii U = the console with a 1 maybe 2 year lifespan before the real next gen consoles come. People need to face it, yes we all grew up with nintendo but time has passed they went down hill after gamecube and started focusing on making facebook-like games only with less depth with a new controller system. Its over and one supersmash bros every 4 years wont save nintendo from becoming a children's toy.

But it's a nice start to gaming before you move on to much better things aka PC, playstation, xbox.

Also argonains still rule, take that dummer. Wheres your homeland now!

But it's a nice start to gaming before you move on to much better things aka PC, playstation, xbox.

Think you had a typo, could have swore I saw PC in the 'better things' catergory with XB and PS. May be worth creating a new 'awesome' catergory for PC, as it's top line is considerably above the rest. Lols.

Beginner wii

Advanced playstation xbox

Expert PC

better now? Btw I'd agree after switching to PC gaming I see no reason to go back to consoles. Unless they have a game I really want.

Legend!

Expert sound much more serious than 'awesome'!

Maybe a middle ground of Expersomeness will suffice?

No matter how good PCs are, they aren't accessible. Not many people will spend 2000 dollars on a PC, where they could turn around and buy a current gen console, large 1080p tv, copy of skyrim. Not saying everyone has a 2000 dollar PC, but to justify the increase in performance(Because let's face it, if you're not running highest resolution with at the highest settings, there isn't much point to claim how much better it is than a console.) you have to buy better then average parts. Which can mean a graphics card that is 2 times what a current console sells for. Once again, I'm not claiming anyone does this, or even has to. I'm just saying... If you're going to constantly brag about PC and how much better it is. It should be the most accessible, the most bang for you buck.

The economy isn't what it used to be, where you could spend money on a new rig(or parts) often.

Sorry about the rant. Just my opinion, as a console and PC gamer.

Wii U = the console with a 1 maybe 2 year lifespan before the real next gen consoles come. People need to face it, yes we all grew up with nintendo but time has passed they went down hill after gamecube and started focusing on making facebook-like games only with less depth with a new controller system. Its over and one supersmash bros every 4 years wont save nintendo from becoming a children's toy.

Also argonains still rule, take that dummer. Wheres your homeland now!

Dummer? Anyways we will return! But let's be friends, we changed a lot in the last 200 years. Azura hasn't been kind to us. Dragons have been biting my guild members head off. We aren't the ravaged Foreign haters we once were. We like Argonians they are very good at water breathing.

Just Kidding. Die N'wah! *Trips on his sword and kills himself.*

That was the Camonna Tong thinking 200 years ago. But now we are better, and nicer. Well and we like Cheese.

No matter how good PCs are, they aren't accessible. Not many people will spend 2000 dollars on a PC, where they could turn around and buy a current gen console, large 1080p tv, copy of skyrim. Not saying everyone has a 2000 dollar PC, but to justify the increase in performance(Because let's face it, if you're not running highest resolution with at the highest settings, there isn't much point to claim how much better it is than a console.) you have to buy better then average parts. Which can mean a graphics card that is 2 times what a current console sells for. Once again, I'm not claiming anyone does this, or even has to. I'm just saying... If you're going to constantly brag about PC and how much better it is. It should be the most accessible, the most bang for you buck.

The economy isn't what it used to be, where you could spend money on a new rig(or parts) often.

Think about it this way

To have a good, mid range PC that could be used for work and school you would spend 500 dollars. And you would also spend 200-300 dollars on a console. Now if you add those two things together and buy parts for the computer rather then just buying it, you would get a mid range computer that can run applications better and have better gaming experience.

I got a $400 computer that ran better than the consoles back in the day. As for the console res they are both set at 720p I checked on their marketplace.

I got a $400 computer that ran better than the consoles back in the day. As for the console res they are both set at 720p I checked on their marketplace.

I need to find this back alley dealer that sells you such cheap parts lol.