Skyrim Information

Zaldir

It must be hard to release information without spoiling too much. In that aspect, Bethesda is doing pretty well.

On a side note, I was just wondering if you could choose your own voice. What are there, like 7 different voices for each race? I wonder if you can choose which one you want...

Well seeing that the only time you really get to talk is when you use Shouts... the answer is no. Your characters never talk in the Elder Scrolls.

If you go watch the character creator video, you'll see there is an option that says "Laugh Voice". Sounds a lot like choosing your voice to me. :P

Which one, and when? I'm interested now.

There is an option in the character creation video that has "Laugh Lines" but not "Laugh Voice." But it's in the character creation vid from the Tokyo Game Show where the person is customizing a Khajiit

Edited by SynysterShadows1213

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I wasn't talking about full voice, I mean like for power attacks and dragon shouts. Will they be voice type dependant?

its been stated before,.. the character grunts, moans(loudly im told), and has various other sound effects, but does not speak, outside of dragon shouts(Or so I assume you speak, at least for some shouts.. i cant remember from the vids).

as to rather the shouts have different voices, possibly; most likely between races/genders... as to rather you'd get to choose between different voices, probally not im betting.

Edited by El`derina

Just found this article, which lists ninety new perks and the racial abilities for all 10 playable races.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/26/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-perks-and-racial-skills-revealed-be-a-dark-elf-set-yourself-on-fire/

This is also noteworthy:

"There will be more pronounced racial differences in Skyrim, too. A scaly Argonian will have different baseline stats to a sturdy Orc. They’re more adept at picking locks, but can’t take a punch quite as well. "

Well, the starting skill increases are obvious, but I'm intrigued by the 'can't take a punch quite as well'.

I think it may just mean Orcs have more starting health, OR perhaps 'removed' stats like endurance / agility / speed etc are still in, but they're tied to race. Interesting...

But even if it's not important (hasn't been fully clarified yet), at least the 90 perks and racial abilities can be added in the next update!

^^^I was excited until I realized that was the same info that was posted a couple of pages back, just from a different source.

In the midst of me posting, you found what I was talking about.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

Edited by AltreU