Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will always be people who hate Skyrim or Bethesda or RPG's.

It's their fault that they are missing one of the richest experiences ever in gaming history.

Let them play all those games that are created only to milk money off their fans.

Today's gaming community is mostly a bunch of whiny unoriginal kids. And we should be happy that we aren't one of them.

I've been wondering for a while, has anyone seen anything about chameleon spells/effects being in the game?

Yeah, I want to see some invisibility rings and such. I want to see some really nice invisible textures etc.

My friends tend to thing Skyrim will be s***, considering the fact that it's singleplayer. C'mon guys, it's so much nicer with singleplayer for a game like this.

I can't stand multiplayer and refuse to play any multiplayer game ever again. I play video games as an *escape* the bulls*** of dealing with social situations in my daily life. Why would I want to bring pointless drama into my leisure time?

What a silly species we are...

We get a game, then one year later, a game that is exactly the same comes out, and we go all "WOOOW!", then another year passes and another one that is completely the same comes out and we're like "AAAWESOME!" (And in the meantime, it has been released tons of games that are exactly the same, but with another title on the cover...)

Then, an original game with tons of new features comes out, and we go like "Meh, probably buggy..." - It seems we are afraid of change, afraid of challenges, and simply want to play the same thing over and over again.

There was a time down the lane when we demanded challenging games, but that time is almost entirely over, and only a few of us are left. I am of the new generation, but I consider myself as part of the old.

A wise man said in 1954; "The world is changing..." - let's hope it will go back to what it once was again. ;)

Vix, an apparently quite smart person, said on The Skyrim Blog:

The Neilsen ratings system doesn't measure top 20 games for their value, variety, or quality it's for their broad initial appeal to consumers (all consumers) in general. This basically tells us what games are mainstream.

/Rant

Not much time left now! :D

Edited by Zaldiir

Being an old fart of 50, I know that only people who are in denial or who never lived in them ever wish for the "Good Old Days" because in all honesty, they were never as good as nostalgia paints them. There is a reason why we PROGRESS and do not REGRESS and why it is very usually a really bad thing to REGRESS. Sure not all new things are great, and "New and Improved" does not mean the preceeding products were old and lousey still, Im not wishing a return to my Apple II days of computing.

Well, in the case of graphics, it's all going the right way, but in regard of storytelling and originality, I'd say it's going down steadily. Some developers pick graphics before storytelling and originality, which, in my opinion is bad.

BUT, this is a discussion for another time, in another place, so let's call it the day. ;)

Only six weeks left! :D