Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I disagree with skyrim not being hyped up all my local game stores have huge posters and skyrim beauty, epicness and originality all over the store so I'm not worried

Fixed it for you.

And It's obvious that Skyrim is one of the most hyped games this year. If you are watching multiple gaming channels on Youtube (Especially Destructoid) you will see that almost in every of their episodes they say something about Skyrim. (Positive things, mostly)

On almost every RPG game trailer, you will see a comment like "Nice game but, Skyrim is better".

I would be really surprised if Skyrim won't be Bethesda's best selling game.

Well, in the case of graphics, it's all going the right way, but in regard of storytelling and originality, I'd say it's going down steadily. Some developers pick graphics before storytelling and originality, which, in my opinion is bad.

BUT, this is a discussion for another time, in another place, so let's call it the day. ;)

It depends on what you mean by storytelling. If you mean hollywood-style dialogue sections, most games are better than the awful excuse plots most games got back in the day.

In terms of narrative though, the dialogue is really the limiting factor. We aren't really ready to make dialogue truly interactive yet: Dialogue trees and reactive narration are the best we can do. Games are so much more effective when they don't use any words at all. I'd really like to see a triple-A game studio try to make a new Super Metroid: That game was far more immersive and its story far more compelling than most modern games and it didn't use a single line of dialogue. Remember running out of the research station past the dead bodies of the scientists after the countdown timer started?

I wonder if its safe to say the only reason Skyrim and Bethesda come off bad on 'other' forums and communities, is because those ARE other forums and communities,.... each one attracts a certain kind of person after all- who wants to go to a forum where everyones gonna disagree with you because you like Skyrim over Call of Duty or something else?

Where is the 'general concensus' made?

Hey, just making observations. Most of the hate for Skyrim (and Bethesda in general) I've seen is over at the Escapist if you'd like to see for yourself, but they're a pretty hateful bunch in general.

And RPGCodex. That site is horrible when it comes to blasphemous criticizing of TES. They aren't considered true RPG fans if you ask me.